Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Andrew90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus didn’t send modem

I recently purchased a 500gb Wireless Broadband Plan. This is supposed to come with a B818 4G wifi Modem (for $216 upfront as I’m month to month). I’ve been tracking the order and it was set to arrive today. Instead, all I received was a small envelope with a Mobile Broadband Sim enclosed.

Has this happened to anyone before? If it’s meant to come out separately that’s okay - but I’m concerned Optus have got it wrong and it seems impossible to get on to them via chat or phone call at the moment.

Thanks,
Jordan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Optus didn’t send modem

Hey @Andrew90

I'm just getting some confirmation on current B818 stock levels. 

We'll get back to you some more info. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

FYI - new stock due to arrive on Monday. Back-orders will be fulfilled as soon as we receive stock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
mark_and_diana
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you please confirm the B818 delivery timelines. My order was placed on 2 April with a promise of modem delivery by 6 April. By 7 April your call centre suggested picking one up at a local store which had stock. On 8  April the store said they and all other Sydney stores had been out of stock for a while. My order still isn't in the Startrack tracking system, so I assume it hasn't arrived at a warehouse.

Can someone give clearer ideas on when shipments will arrive and we can expect a new modem.

The tracking website keeps telling me that Optus will give regular updates and orders may be delayed by 1-5 days. It's 12 days now and no communication at all from Optus.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @mark_and_diana, I'll try and get another update. 

Our stock report is now showing "on back-order." 

I'll see if I can get an ETA for us. 

Top Contributors