cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Andrew90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus didn’t send modem

I recently purchased a 500gb Wireless Broadband Plan. This is supposed to come with a B818 4G wifi Modem (for $216 upfront as I’m month to month). I’ve been tracking the order and it was set to arrive today. Instead, all I received was a small envelope with a Mobile Broadband Sim enclosed.

Has this happened to anyone before? If it’s meant to come out separately that’s okay - but I’m concerned Optus have got it wrong and it seems impossible to get on to them via chat or phone call at the moment.

Thanks,
Jordan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Optus didn’t send modem

Hey @Andrew90

I'm just getting some confirmation on current B818 stock levels. 

We'll get back to you some more info. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

FYI - new stock due to arrive on Monday. Back-orders will be fulfilled as soon as we receive stock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
mark_and_diana
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you please confirm the B818 delivery timelines. My order was placed on 2 April with a promise of modem delivery by 6 April. By 7 April your call centre suggested picking one up at a local store which had stock. On 8  April the store said they and all other Sydney stores had been out of stock for a while. My order still isn't in the Startrack tracking system, so I assume it hasn't arrived at a warehouse.

Can someone give clearer ideas on when shipments will arrive and we can expect a new modem.

The tracking website keeps telling me that Optus will give regular updates and orders may be delayed by 1-5 days. It's 12 days now and no communication at all from Optus.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @mark_and_diana, I'll try and get another update. 

Our stock report is now showing "on back-order." 

I'll see if I can get an ETA for us. 

Top Contributors