cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus creates concierge NBN experience

I have had a similar and equally divestating experience in getting my NbN connected

When i did get finally get a call back for the complaints department 48 Business Hours = 12 days, when the question I asked got too difficult they simply stopped the conversation and I am none the wiser and none the Nbn despite having only 3 months to connect or they will cut my cable

Why is it soooo difficult to speak with someone (Preferable on shore) that actually takes the time to look into the situation and report back (not just scripe) as what can be done beside me only blindly taking a third day off with no result

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
Disappointing to hear about your experience thus far however this is not something that we can assist with here on the forum as we don't have visibility of customer accounts.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is honestly a joke? I ordered NBN in May, got given a June date install (email confirmation) then no modem showed, no technician showed and the follow up from the case manager was shaky at best (he's apparently left, great handover). Flash forward to August, I've just been told (email confirmation) I need to be home not once, but now twice for another appointment on the back of the 3 weeks leave I've just taken, I'm not risking yet another couple of no shows. So how about you guys turn up this week? I believe my wife is currently explaining this to your team...show up this week, or don't show up EVER.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@CautionAhead 

Sounds pretty bargain basement.What NBN technology are you getting HFC cable. FTTN? 

You should only need one visit to finish any in home installation. NBN Contractors are able to do the initial exterior install without you there (so long as they have access to the front yard)

FWIW Optus have no direct control over NBN Contractors. If they don't show you'll probably be the first to know. The concierge though should be doing a lot better at sorting this on your behalf. 

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's been an absolute train wreck, given my data speeds with 4G I'm just going with the B525 4G WiFi Modem. No 'technician' required and I'll be running higher peak and off-peak speeds. Cancelling my cable connection as we speak!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Great idea, 

Shame they are absolutely flipping useless - and cannot understand what you are telling them.

I got connected yesterday, see this exchange : 

ME: Thanks - I have been migrated over.
Only problem at the moment is on cable I had a "modem" which was also the VOIP gateway, this suited me fine as I connected this to my ASUS AC5300 router . Now I am on NBN, the modem is data ONLY, so now I have no phone line. this leaves my landline phones not working. It would have been good if this service worked with my originally (supplied by optus) Netgear modem that I've only had one year,

RESPONSE: 

for landlines you can just plug them in to the back of your modem for it to work if you choose to,

Erm, did you read what I said? the installer replaced the modem with one which doesn't have a phone port! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

To a degree I feel sorry for Optus, they must be operating on the thinnest of thin margins here.  It would help though if they put "experienced" staff on the end of the line who knew what the difference between a "modem" and a "router" was, and when talking to a customer being migrated from cable to NBN cable had some idea of what the tech looked like and how it is implemented.

Maybe even reading the contract that was signed with the customer would be a start.  i.e I was told "there's no mention of a 10% discount on your account" - I pull up the contract, it's there in black and white.  

Great to make a concierge service, points for good idea, useless if you put someone on the end of it who is not trained. They need to understand the "customer experience" to be able to help, and they need to listen to what the customer is actially saying, and ask more questions when they do not understand. Luckily the installers I had came out and got the job done, but they left crap everywhere, ripped out the old optus cable stuff and threw it on the ground - put the modem in and simply left.  They were clearly working on behalf of NBN, and hence didn't care at all about making a mess around my property, because Optus would be the ones to cop the fallout.   Lucky for Optus I understand how it works.

BUT, when I contact the concierge and say the modem you have provided has no VOIP connector, they should know what that means and have suggestions... like - let me put you through to someone who can help you configure that, or suggest a different modem, or something.....  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is the NBN so pathetically slow compared to other countries and why are we paying so much for this below par service?
Why do the ISPs and NBN have such poor communication connectivity?
Why is Optus' customer phone service so bad?
Where's my bloody answers?, the modem pack?, the technician is coming tomorrow?,,, how far away is the NBN node from my house?
I am happy with the current cable service and I am being forced to change to something for the same money that has less DL speed, but on the UP-load side, is better, (NBN is slower than my cable DL speed)?
People in my area do nothing but complain about NBN.
What a complete JOKE this is...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

Perhaps you can help me. I converted my existing optus cable broadband to an optus NBN service and now my existing email address does not work. Do you know how I can link my optusnet.com.au email address to my new NBN Account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The Optus email address is not related to the NBN. Just contact Optus directly and ask them to sort the address (this is a forum)
0 Kudos