Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus complaints email address?

Keith100

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have the email Optus address to lodge complaints? I have spent hours on the phone with different people from Optus trying to get an NBN related issue resolved and no one can help. I have lodged a complaint last week but just missed the call back.

When I call the number that was provided  to call back on, there is over a 30 minute wait and I will just be put through to someone on the service team and have to explain the whole problem again at least 5 times to different people. 

I keep going round in circles and can't find anyone who can help. It's a crazy process that is so frustrating.

Thanks

Solution

Re: Optus complaints email address?

petergdownload

Optus don't have a specific complaints email. Just the general optus contact email.

If you want to properly raise a complaint then you should write. This raises a case number (that can be tracked) and Optus have 10 days usually to try fix it.

If Optus can't sort this issue then you have done what is require before handing the complaint to the TIO and they will take it from there.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

rusty2015

Had the same experience as you did the longest time on the phone was two and a half hours go straight to the TIO you can get a complaint registered in under five minutes then Optus has to do something about it 

Dan_C

Hi @rusty2015,

We've just replied back to your comment on thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Complaint-resolution/m-p/352528#M47260.We've asked that you send through a PM with your details and summary of your complaint. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Austine_omens

Hi

Just wanna lay my complain on optus services. As an existing customer one would have thought that they’d prioritise their customers to make their experience easier and better. I moved house since March 14th,2018 before then I contacted optus as I had a cable account with them.Was told that the only service at my new address was ADSL2+..however , I didn’t realise that I made a mistake on my house unit number(totally agree it’s my fault) . I called back to reschedule the date of the installation and was told It’s on the 29th of March and was told that I would be sent a confirmation text of the scheduled date . Never received any email nor sms of the said confirmation . Decided to give them a call to confirm, to my greatest surprise I was told that the installation date was 23/03/18 instead of 29/03/18 which made me happy at least I was gonna have Internet earlier than expected although I didn’t receive any confirmation sms or email .

Few days to the installation I called to confirm but was shock that it was on the 29/03/18 as I was told earlier but this time I made sure I was given a reference number along with an sms to confirm the date. Due to the inconsistency of optus services , I decided to call on the 28/03/18 a day before the installation date . Then I was shock that they had again changed the date to 3/04/18 without contacting me . I was so disappointed as this meant that we would have to stay all through the long Easter holiday without a wifi. My wife and I had to incite additional charges with our mobile provider as we exceeded our data usage. My recent experience with optus has been poor , their customer service team is inconsistent and totally incompetent. 

Finally , I received my wifi yesterday been the 3/04/18 and was told that the installation was done on same day but needed to wait for sms for the activation of the wifi. Waited all night and not text came through . Decided to call the customer support team and he tried activating over the phone which didn’t work . Now I’m being told to wait for 48 hrs for the wifi to be activated. Showing my frustrations , i decided to speak with a supervisor and was declined to speak with any. Currently I have no house internet even on my phone to keep up with my job as I need to work from home most times .The worst part of it is that the agent suggested that I could cancel the order ( after waiting for almost a month and after incurring more charges ). Am like this is absolute joke. Now I have to wait for 2 days added to the weeks I’ve waited already .

i won’t advise anyone to get optus becaus of their manner of service and little sympathy to their customers. I’m left in frustration without wifi for several weeks meaning my job will suffer.

I really hope someone can help me with any suggestions On how to go about this all .

thanks 

petergdownload

That sounds pretty poor @Austine_omens,

Unfortunately (or fortunately) its likely that your best course is to wait the 48 hours and you should be activated finally. There's probably not much anyone can do internally to hurry that process up (indeed trying to can sometimes get the original process stuffed up). However hopefully a mod might be able to put a priority on it.

The other option you could investigate is wireless mobile broadband. Speeds similar to ADSL but essentially instant setup.

What postcode are you in?  

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@Austine_omens, when you get the chance, can you send myself or one of the mods are a private message with your account details?

It really doesn't sound like things have gone according to plan and I'd really like to look at this one myself to work out what's gone wrong.

I'm just as confused as to why you've been given so many dates. The 29/03/18 is a Saturday, our wholesaler doesn't perform DSL activations on weekends or public holiday. It sounds like the 29th was booked on error and subsequently needed to be changed to a non-public holiday.

If you're in a SDU (single dwelling unit) then the activation should have been completed on the 3/4/18. If you're in an MDU (Multi dwelling unit), our wholesaler will have needed to go out and tag the lines from the MDF (Comms room) to your apartment. An Optus contactor is sent out the next day to jumper the lines from the B-side of the MDF.

Send through your full name, DOB and account number/order number. I'll take a look.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Helen384228

Hi Peter,

May I know Optus' general email address? I cannot find it anywhere, to be honest.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards, Helen

Dan_C

@Helen384228, If you'd like to submit a complaint online, you can fill out our online complaints form here.

Complaints send via the online complaint form are handled by our customer relations group.

You're looking at a contact time frame of between 7-10 working days. 

Alternatively, you're welcome to reach out to one of our YC mods.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Highlighted

stefM

We too have had a horrendous experience with Optus due to NBN issues since Feb 2017. We tried for months on end to get things sorted out with them by being on the phone with them for hours on end for week after week. In the end we gave up and cancelled the service with them.

Anyway here are 2 email addresses you can try: 

OptusNet Support [cablesupport@optusnet.com.au]

fixedservicecenter@optus.com.au,

abuse@optusnet.com.au

(don’t use  myaccount@optusnet.com.au as it doesn’t get answered)

Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
29 Kudos
27 Kudos
21 Kudos