Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
pommieb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus bonus speedpack

Hi .

Have had bonus speed pack since April running through Netgear R7000. Stopped working after last weeks Optus outage. Optus tell me that my router must be incompatible even though it has been running fine for 10 weeks. When I re-attached 5366TN speed pack was ok. What needs to be done for it to work thru R7000 again ??

Thanks 

Bernard

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: Optus bonus speedpack

Hi @ POMMIEB - Thanks for reaching out to us here and apologies for the hassle. 

If you had a speed pack added, this is basically added to your Internet Username  in our systems and this is not linked to your modem.  If you are using a modem thats not supported by Optus, this can have issues with troubleshooting but still the speed pack should work and with the recent outage we didn't make any changes to the speed packs. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
pommieb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying. Doesn't help me though. I didn't think the speedpacks had been changed but something has been reset ..... As far as Optus is concerned I only have 45Mbps thru my Netgear R7000
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @  POMMIEB - I'd recommend checking with our techs at messaging here  

Please note because this is not a Optus sold modem and  there might be limited assistance available. 

Apart from this I'd also recommend resetting your modem and this might help. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@pommieb If you can try the Netgear on another connection, relative, friends and see if the speed is okay. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
pommieb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Speedpack active again with no Optus actions or myself.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for getting back to us with an update, @pommieb

If you need a hand with anything else, please let us know. Tina.

0 Kudos