Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus blocking my websites

Stock standard dns from Ootus on my mobile. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Actually replied to a similar enquiry in the past @Sachinsehdev12

URL below: 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Reset-DNS-Cache-from-Optus-End/td-p/442461

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You can’t change cellular DNS sadly.

however, get your domain host to drop your TTL right down to force an update. I haven’t checked as I’m on my mobile, but it could be a matter of your DNS TTL being too high, and as such the record isn’t expiring so Optus is hanging on to it.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cannot upload to my website - problem somewhere at Optus' end of things

I have a similar problem for the 2nd time this year (it also happened in May/June and finally came good the day after speaking to Optus after weeks and weeks of incredibly slow uploads to my site 10 minutes per image, while every other site I upload to was fast eg. stock sites.).

I cannot upload to my photography website from my mobile or using my mobile broadband. My website does load although it is slower than normal and sometimes has to be refreshed and I can login and move files etc but I cannot upload, it freeezes around the 680 to 700kb mark when uploading and then fails. I tested it on two computers at home and my phone. I have a mobile Broadband package so that I can take it on the road with me when we travel in motorhome. I have also confirmed that it isn't the host Zenfolio. I can upload normally using a different ISP which is only a viable solution if I quit Optus and move to someone else which I will be doing if this isn't solved.

After reading the above I installed 1.1.1.1 on my phone and I can upload through the vpn although it was slower than it should have been, 4 minutes to upload a 5mb image. My photos are high res for download purchases and are around 7mb to 20mb per photo. Normally I can upload at least 1 photo a minute. Using a high speed connection elsewhere this morning I uploaded 120 in 11 minutes.

I do have a job logged with Optus and have spoken/typed the problem to 2 different people in the past week and lodged an official complaint as this is the second time I have been caught out with this.

I am having no issues uploading to 3 different stock sites, Flickr, Facebook and backing up to Google Drive. Just my website is the issue and up until this past weekend it was fine, since the issue back in May/June.

I did run a few tracert but am not an expert at reading them

tracrt 26Sep2019.png

tracert.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cannot upload to my website - problem somewhere at Optus' end of things

Hi Merrillie,

Just checking in to see if this has since been resolved?

You've done the right thing by contacting Optus as this is not something we can help with here on the forum.

If it's still ongoing, let me know your job ticket number and I'll do my best to follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray,

After 5 days uploading from is working again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Good news! Optus confirmed it was an issue on their end?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Merrillie,

I am having a similar problem where I can't access my website (hosted by a large webhosting company in Australia) or email related to the website while connected to Optus.  I have been going back and forth with them and they keep telling me that it is not their problem, and that the problem is with my webhosting company.  I do not believe them.

Can you tell me what they did to fix your problem so that I can go back to them with some solid information to try to get them to fix my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As far as I know they didn't do anything to fix it and deny that there was anything wrong at their end. It apparently came good again by itself, both times back in June and again just over a week ago.

Honestly doesn't make a lot of sense, as the only issue was trying to upload to my photography website using my Optus broadband connection whether it was via a computer or via my phone. I could view my website and I could login and move files around in it, I just couldn't upload.  I could upload to my photography website as long as I didn't use my Optus internet connection.

It came back working a bit slow at first and now seems to be normal again when uploading.

The previous time it was working at snail pace, but all other sites were fine. 

I did try connecting through cloudflare 1.1.1.1, I ran tracert not sure if anything helped sorry, it was very frustrating as I am sure you are also experiencing. 

I will be seriously looking at Telstra if it happens again. I submitted a complaint as well as the first person I tried to deal with typed 3 times in an hour and that was a complete waste of an hour. The second person was more helpful at least she listened, even is she still couldn't help.

Sorry I couldn't give you an anwer, that was helpful.

Regards

Merrillie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank Merrillie,
It looks like my IP is being blacklisted for some reason, so I will have to look into that. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Hope things keep running smoothly with your website.
Greg.
0 Kudos