Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus blocking my websites

Sachinsehdev12

Hi, I have my site blocked by optus. This is both on mobile and NBN at home.

https://webhosting-mydigitalsolutions.com.au/

https://brandsandbiz.com.au/

https://cleopatrahairandbeauty.com/

As soon as I go to other ISP. The sites are working fine. Can Anyone please help ? 

Regards

Sachin

Re: Optus blocking my websites

Jeneral__Pain

Need more info please, how do you define “blocking”?

does it say “Optus blocked this site for <reason>?” Or are you getting an error code?

Have you checked with your web host to make sure cPanel isn’t blocking it due to invalid attempts? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Sachinsehdev12

First of all thank you for having a look in to this.

My host os not blocking it as I have checked with them. I tried to open this site with  wifi on a phone(optus) it does not work but as soon as I put the phone on another provider (mobile data) the site comes up. 

The other test I have done is if I put myself on VPN, I can open up the site.

The error message I am getting is The site can not be reached. I am guessing this in some sort of phishing filter at Optus end.

Regards

Solution

Jeneral__Pain

That is not a phishing filter... 

when you are are on the Optus connection, change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 and see if the page loads?

yes it loads >> Optus DNS has a bad record

no it doesn’t >> the IP on Optus might be blocked by cPanel 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Sachinsehdev12

I changed the DNS to 8888 and it worked. How Can I fix  Optus DNS for a bad record

Sachinsehdev12

Really appreciate your help

Sachinsehdev12

Can you please also tell me how to fix this on my phone ? 

Paddylee

Just adding to this:

I can access all 3 websites on my Note 8 using standard Optus DNS servers so at least thats updated.

You may have to clear browsing data for your phone browser if you still get the error. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Dan_C

You can't change your DNS settings on Mobile (cellular) can you @Paddylee?

I've tried to locate settings on my iPhone, I'm only given the ability to change my DNS settings over WiFi. 

I'm fairly certain that you're stuck with the default DNS provided by your carrier.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sachinsehdev12

Does optus flush their DNS ? If they do then its just the matter of time when this problem is going to be fixed on mobile. Otherwise I have to find a solution for this.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
80 Kudos
40 Kudos
32 Kudos
25 Kudos
23 Kudos