Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
westhoff
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus and off-shore call centres

I did finally get my problem resolved after untold hours on the phone and service chat . though it didn't get resolved by talking with Optus. It was resolved by a call to the communications industry ombudsman. It was only 2 days after I called them it was fixed and I got an apology from Optus . I doubt this means costomer service will inprove. I just know who to call if I have a problem now.

0 Kudos
James7max
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agreed 100 percent what you are saying. Optus provides a good service in Australia and there coverage is really rolling out. But.

There phone and call centre service makes me want to consider another provider.
I lost my phone and wanted a new SIM card. I ring them up for a replacement and they cannot send them. I try again same response. I explain I live about a 3 hrs drive so 6 hrs return trip to nearest store. So actually had to make a trip.

I order a new phone with them and Recontract doesn't show up. So ring them up told theres error in system and to go in store. So go in store they said they will send a new one. Doesn't show up and same response end up getting a phone in store.

I live in moranbah it's a big mining town with maccas and kfc etc. So mail and service not an issue.

They need to fix phone centres or the system they work like you said
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi James7max,

Were you given a reason why a SIM couldn't be sent out? Unless they were out of stock, this should have been a simple request to fulfil. Customers in rural areas can contact Optus to ask for a SIM.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details the next time you need assistance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos