cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Ultra Wifi Modem (white with 4g backup) has wifi but no internet connection on 5GHz connection

My Optus Ultra Wifi Modem (white with 4g backup) has wifi but no internet connection  on its 5GHz setting/connection...

Yet it has a wifi connection AND an internet connection on 2.4GHz setting

WHY?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Ultra Wifi Modem (white with 4g backup) has wifi but no internet connection on 5GHz connec

If you have WiFi but not internet its probably because the device has an incorrect manually set gateway.

Delete the 5GHz setting on your device and re-enter them and connect via the default DHCP setting instead of static.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Optus Ultra Wifi Modem (white with 4g backup) has wifi but no internet connection on 5GHz connec

Hi there, @B_Polito,
Thanks for raising your connection troubles with us here.

Our Dual Band Modems and Routers Explained page can help when it comes to getting the 5Ghz frequency working. It should be up and going by default and issues can sometimes be attributed to the distance from the modem/any obstructions in between.

You may also need to access the modem settings to ensure it's enabled. The last step of the Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up modem Quick Start Guide can assist with this.

Often a factory reset of the modem can help with getting the frequency to kick back in as well.

If you still find you're having troubles after these steps, it could mean the modem may be faulty. We then recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps!