cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Ultra Wifi Modem - Setting Up

Hi,

My service activation date is today. I have plugged in the modem and gone to the IP address successfully. I have also logged in into the IP Address using Optus as the username and the password of my modem as the password. This has let me login. However, the next step in the Optus Ultra Wifi Modem is to “Next, click on ADSL 2+ Login and enter the OptusNet username and password we sent you”. I am unable to locate where the ADSL 2+ login page is on the 192.168.0.1 gateway. Also, Optus have not sent me an OptusNet username and password. I have tried to locate it myself on the Optus website by logging into my account. But when I try to login into the Optus webmail website using the same details as the Optus website, it says it’s incorrect. Please reply ASAP. 
Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Ultra Wifi Modem - Setting Up

Hey @HVD

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your internet activation.

Is this for an ADSL service? Only an ADSL service will require those details while other connection types such as NBN won't.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

NBN does not use ADSL2+ , look like you found an error in step 4 of the documentation. Just ignore that line.

Your internet should be up and running.

What type of NBN connection (FTTN, FTTC, etc) do you have? If you don't know, go to here and enter your address and check the "Technology used in your connection" section.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No this is not an ADSL service. I am using NBN. But in the manual, it talks about ADSL2+ in the testing connection section of the modem user guide. I have also checked that I purchased the right plan. NBN fibre to the premises. @George_YC 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have NBN Fibre to the Premise @YetAnotherAcc 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If your service has been activated you should have received and SMS/email telling you so.

If its not working, double check the wiring and it make sure it is as per 2a in the instructions.

If it has not been activated you should still have internet through the 4G backup feature.

The lights on the Ultra should tell you what state you are in. See here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You only need to enter the ADSL2+ logins if it requests for the information @HVD. However, as you're not on ADSL, you can skip that step. Your NBN internet connection should be working fine. If you do have any issues, just message us via the My Optus App.