cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Ultra Modem - No 4G signal

Modem powers up and work as it should except there is not 4G network light or signal strength lights on lit up on front panel.  Sim is seated correctly and says inserted in menu. sim number *****99

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Ultra Modem - No 4G signal

You only get the 4G signal if you're actually using 4G, and that only happens when your main connection is not active. So to test, just disconnect the main WAN/DSL cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, but no go. Doesn't light up at all when wan connection removed either. Should there be a network light visible even when connected to internet via wan connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@orchardb wrote:

Thanks, but no go. Doesn't light up at all when wan connection removed either. 

How long ago did you get the modem? Optus seem to be really bad with distributing the right SIMS for the modems. They've had at least one round of ~800 dodgy SIMs.

Either contact Optus directly or take the SIM to a store and ask them to do a SIM replacement (not just issue you a new SIM). Make sure you tell them that its for the Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up. You should also confirm with them that its been activated.

Should there be a network light visible even when connected to internet via wan connection?

Q: How do I know when my Optus Ultra WiFi modem has switched to 4G back-up mode? 

A: The Optus Ultra WiFi modem has a Network and Signal light indicator. When the modem is in 4G back up mode, the Network indicator will light up. The Signal indicator will display the strength of your 4G signal.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, will do as suggested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thanks, will do as suggested.

Good luck.

I'm curious as to how long ago you got your modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Got it yesterday

0 Kudos
Top Contributors