Searching...

Re: Optus Nightmare

[ Edited ]
Chunnybh

What rubbish service and customer service is even worse than rubbish. 

Still no internet  Was told , it will be fine in 4 hours. Oh! only a few more minuets. 10 min and it will be working. Now I am told may be today maybe next Monday. 

Do Not Sign Up To Optus 

Chunnybh

Nearly 2 months now and still no internet. I just got my mobile bill from Optus. The 6 G they said I would get for free is charged at $30. 

Hannah-L

Hey @Chunnybh, I can see our Customer Service team have explained that we can't add the data on for free, and a credit would be applied to offset the $30 charge. I can confirm the credit has been applied, if you log into My Account or the My Optus app you will see it reflected there.

Chunnybh

No your Customer service people did NOT inform me of that. Yes you are correct the cred is there.

Chunnybh

I don't know what to do. I am going mad. My household is in chaos. The kids are losing it. No internet for 2 months. No online homework for 2 months. No gaming or fun for two months. Now its holiday time and I don't know how I am going to cope with the kids screaming about no internet. So stressful.

I was told today that NBN had made a report at 9.15am saying they will test the line again today and the agent said he will call me before 3pm with an update.  Of course he never did. I called to be told by an agent that NBN need 3 more days. I asked when did NBN say that?  9.15am, she said.

Why won't anyone at Optus tell me the truth?

Is it's Optus policy to lie to their customers?.

2 months and I have not talked to one single person who has not blatantly lied to me.

Chunnybh

Out of the blue. I got a call from Optus yesterday while I was at work. Your internet should be working now!!! I asked if NBN had solved the problem?. Yes , all is good to go. Please check when you get home and if any problems call us.

Of course when I got home. NO INTERNET. What a wind up. After an hour on the phone, I am told that no one called me. We have no record of anyone calling you to tell you your connection is working.?. I record my calls so I played it back to the agent. Dumb silence. No record?.

Today, I get a call from the same guy who called me yesterday who now says he no I do not have a connection, It was an honest mistake.

Nothing honest about Optus.

Still no internet.

Chunnybh

Halleluiah!!.

I am connected to the internet. It took 2 months.

I was promised I would be online on the 12th May. The phone is still not working and on calling Optus for the millionth time was told, Oh it’s active, your internet?. Yes I am surprised as you.

But my phone is still not working can you please activate it?. Oh your internet is working?. YES MY INTERNET IS WORKING.

These customer failure people are useless. I’m afraid to call again just in case someone realises I am online and pull the connection.

Highlighted

Chunnybh

Well all is now sorted. I have an OK NBN connection and a phone.  

I had contacted the ombudsman and made an official complaint and that I recon was the only reason that anything happened. 

I even got $2299 compensation. Can you believe that. The only reason I got compensation is that I did not have a phone for that long. There is NO compensation if you do not have internet connection but you do if your phone is not connected when Optus say it will be. I never even use the phone. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos