Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Nightmare

Chunnybh

5 weeks with no internet. 5 thimes Optus confirmed a NBN appointment and 5 times no show and no warning.  5 unpaid days off work.  Today at 6.20pm I get a call from one of the dozens of custoner service people I have talked to. "Your appointment is definatly confirmed for the 21st June, please go ahead and book the afternoon off so you can be there". Sure, 100% sure. 

2 minuets later I get another call from Optus. Someone else tells me the appointment has now been canceled and the next appointment is the 28th June but that also is not confirmed. I gave Optus 3 weeks warning to transfer my connection from 20 meters away. I move across the road, literally. First appointment was booked for the 12th May. No one has still showed up. 

I am talking to the telecommunications ombbudsman tomorrow. I first talked to them 3 weeks ago and they said if nothing has happened by the 19th June to contact them again to take the matter further. I made the mistake of getting stuck with Optus. My two mobile phones and internet are a package deal. In 7 months of being with Optus I have had internet access for only 4 months of that. I wish I had never heard the name Optus. 

A total nightmare. 

Re: Optus Nightmare

Chunnybh

The debacle continues. Still not connected and Optus know nothing and care less. I was told my next NBN appointment would be the 21st June. That's my 6th appointment. Previous 5 no one turned up and no one told me that the appointment were cancelled.

On the 19th I am told the appointment has been cancelled and rescheduled for the 28th. 20th I call to confirm as every agent I have spoken to gives me a completely different story. Yes you appointment for the 21st is cancelled and rescheduled for the 26th. 26th or 28th I ask. 26th now. Thanks for telling me. Later on the 20th, I get my first call from NBN saying the tech would be there between 204pm. I do not tell them that Optus has told me the appointment has been cancelled. Today 21st. NBN arrive at 2pm and the NBN box is connected and flashing 40 mins later Hurray!!!. Not so quick. I am told NBN is active but I need to now get Optus to activate the service. Easy Yes? NO not easy. I have spent over an hour on the phone with Optus and still so idiot is saying NO your appointment with NBN is for the 26th. I cannot get through to Optus that the NBN box is connected and working and that they now need to activate the service for me. They are telling me NO I need to wait till the 26th and then once NBN have informed them they will connect me up within a few days. I am pulling my hair out. Actually it is falling out all by itself from the trauma. I hung up and called again to be told Yes Optus will connect me later today.  I am not holding my breath.

Total incompetence. I get the impression this nightmare is no way near its end.

AlexRH

Hi @Chunnybh To say this is extremely disappointing is an understatement, so I can only imagine how you'd be feeling right now Smiley Sad 

I can see from NBN's notes that a tech was on site yesterday, so they're just waiting for the activation tests to complete on their end, can you please keep us updated on how you go with this?

Our Activation team will be in touch if we do have any further updates in the mean time. 

[ Edited ]
Chunnybh

I called Optus and was now told that the NBN box was fitted for another rival company so it was disconnected ?. Rubbish. Total lies. I just talked to the NBN tech who installed the box.(Yes he left me his number and also called me a day before coming to confirm his appointment and then came on time and installed the box.) He says that is rubbish and the NBN box once fitted can be used by any company. So for Optus to lie to me and now say that another NBN tech will come on the 26th is total rubbish. No one will show up on the 26th just like the last 6 confirmed appointments and I will still be without internet and loose another day at work.

You are telling me a completely different story that NBN are still doing activation tests . The NBN tech says he made sure the box was activated. Would someone please tell me the truth.

I really cannot afford to take a 7th  day off work.

Chunnybh

4 different agents and all 4 have told me a different story and still I am not connected.

1. Your NBN box will be activated in 12-24 hours. That was 2 days ago

2. Your appointment for the NBN box is on the 26th. I don't know why NBN came on the 21st ( The appointment Optus cancelled) and fitted the box. But now you do NOT need to be in on the 26th when the connection is activated.

3. According to our records there was no NBN box installed on the 21st for Optus use.  NBN will come on the 26th to install box and activate service. You need to be in. Book a day off work.

4. NBN confirm your box was fitted on the 21st but they cannot activate it until we, Optus ask them to and that is booked for the 26th because your appointment for the 21st was cancelled. Our system will not allow me to change the date until NBN send  an activation notice. They can't do that unless we request it. With me so far.?. I don't know if NBN will come again on the 26th to fit the box (which is already installed). It is booked for them to do it on the 26th. I cannot say if they will turn up so don't know if you should take the day off work or not.  If they turn up and you are not there then that bight be a problem. 

I am going to book the 26th off work. I may even loose my job. Thanks Optus for the trauma. A simple transfer from across the road was booked 3 weeks before I moved on the 12th May. I still do not have internet. 

[ Edited ]
Chunnybh

Well the 7th big day came and went. I still have no internet.  I booked a simple transfer more than 9 weeks ago. They promised me I would be connected on the 12th of May. Today 26th June and still no internet.

Moronic incompetence.  NBN came again today and said everything is working fine except the Optus activation. The NBN box is and was working fine on the 21st June when we installed it. We activated our system then and it is up to Optus to do their bit.  Off they went and I called Optus again for the millionth time. Yes the NBN connection is active and we will activate our system in 20 mins.  Called 2 hours later and was told to wait for 5 mins. 48 mins later another agent makes me go through the whole thing again. Yes we will have your internet connection working today. Give me 20 mins.

Still no internet. My advice to anyone out there is NOT to use Optus for anything. I must have spent whole days on the phone to morons who blatantly lie.

Chunnybh

The nightmare has gone viral. Still no internet. I have an NBN box which shows all lights are on and it is working.

The Optus modem . All lights are on except the internet light flashes. My browser says You are connected to the internet but I cannot connect to any site. 

1 hour on the phone to Optus and they put me through to Tech department who said it was an activation problem and they put me back to the activation people . Another 40 mins later I am told the same lies as before. " I am your personal agent and I will sort this out. I will call you back an keep you informed". Utter rubbish. 

Optus now tell me it's an NBN problem and it could take a few hours to fix or a few days or even a few weeks. 

I was promised I would be on line on the 12 of May. 

Optus sucks. Do not use them.

TezzaP

cancel your order with optus and change providers.   You now have an nbn box outside .    it should take less than 24 hrs to connect from the time you lodge your application

Chunnybh

I tried that. I called Telstra, DoDo and Belong. After a lot of hassel they all said I would have to have an NBN tech turn up and reset the NBN box. I am also stuck with Optus because I have a bundle contract with 2 mobile phones. Looks like I have no other option. 

I have been using my mobile to run my computer with tethering so am using up my mobile data pretty fast. I was told by Optus they would give me more data as this months allowance was up. They said they would give me 6Gb . I then got a text saying I would get 6Gb for $30 .I was assuming I was getting the 6Gb because I have not had a contracted internet connection now for almost 2 months. Mean basket weavers.

Toomey

Sorry to hear this is still on-going @Chunnybh, I can follow up if you send me a PM

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
28 Kudos
9 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos