Searching...

Optus NBN support (or lack of)

Aguila

I desperately need some  help with my NBN upgrade. Some time ago NBN installed an NBN box on the wall outside my house near the telephone/ADSL cable inlet.  Then, back in October I ordered an NBN service from Optus, which was confirmed Oct 17 by Optus. Including an Order Number and a copy of the contract for Optus Ultra 24M FY19 cable broadband and an AC Wi-Fi modem upgrade.

Subsequently two modems arrived, a Sagemcom Fast 3864AC v3 modem and a Netgear CM500V NTD modem. I installed the devices, including replacing my older Netgear GC3000-ST2aus.   The installation did not work, all lights showed as yellow, nothing green.

Subsequently I contacted Optus via the Livechat app, only to find out A) they could not find my order, B) they did not know why I received the NBN kit, and C) my house is not yet connected to NBN.   (Houses either side are).  Their best (only) solution is to go to the Optus shop!, which I did. The Optus shop could only tell me what I already knew, and advised I wait until Optus sent me an SMS saying all is fixed.

The kicker......I am now being billed for a service I don’t have, and, according to Optus, was not ordered.

Who can help?  Can my old modem be upgraded to a higher speed with the new equipment?  How?

Re: Optus NBN support (or lack of)

SteveGee

go TIO

younwill then get case manager

TIO only way sorry

Steve Gregory

Dan_C

I've sent you a private message @Aguilda.

Feel free to chat with us there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aguila

Thank you.  Here's hoping!

Dan_C

I've just replied back to that one @Aguila.

Chat with you there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos