Searching...

Re: Optus NBN speed is disgraceful

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

@SteveGee,

Just letting you know that forum etiquette is to reply to private messages with a private message. No hard fast rule though. 

Your speeds on FTTP suggest an underlying NBN issue (or faulty modem) which Optus would normally raise with NBNCo as only they can fix it. Being constantly bad is actually a good thing as it makes it very easy for a technician to try trace the root issue. Its when something only happens occassionally that it can take ages to try fix. 

I'll leave it up to you and Shauna to discus options from here.

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Hi @SteveGee, I've replied back to that one. 

You're welcome to chat with us there! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

[ Edited ]
SteveGee

problems being solved.

via Julie*moderated*

Customer Relations 

*moderated*

The Optus modem wifi seems to be the culprit by bypassing using an Edimax WAP

but it is still on 2.4 ghz.

last weeks congestion has eased even at night so I guess all the schoolies have headed back into the classroom and are using government networks.

once Dan lifted my system off the fault diagnosis Stable setting back to Standard the speeds on both my edimax was 48 mbps and the Optus Broadcom 38 increased 75% 

Which is what I paid for and signed up for.

Got $10 per month for six months off the bill as compensation.

Thank you Optus Dan, Julie Joel and Edgar. 

Steve Gregory

Waited 30 days for Black Modem got another WHITE MODEM

ZAZ

WTF OPTUS

Are you paying any attention to our problems or NOT

I want option OUT of tis two year grief package you have stitched me up with.

As for complaining to TIO what a waste of resource time that was.

to people signing up for two years

DO NOT

ZAZ

No such thing as a free dinner

the $10 buy out was just that to buy me off

Julie I want to invoke OUT OF CONTRACT

Please respond.

or its VCAT

Re: Waited 30 days for Black Modem got another WHITE MODEM

Shauna

Hey @ZAZ - can appreciate your concerns here. Is this in relation to @SteveGee's posts above? Happy to take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SteveGee
Spoiler
The resolution is to send me a black modem and charge me  $150.00 for it even though its non of my fault.
Steve Gregory

AlexRH

Hi there @SteveGee. I've just replied to your PM about this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
SteveGee

Thanks ALex one of the good guys

IMO 

I am thinkin scrub VOIP and use my own expertise and modem.

Go it alone so as to speak.

Find a good modem and set the parameters to match my crapped ou 50 yo copper wire 

According to my quals I can now make an Informed Opinion (its official)

That is NBN SUX

Steve Gregory

COT, Adv COT (RMIT), Dip Teach T&FE, Dip Elect,  B Ed  (Melb) , PGrDipVET, M Ed (IT) (Deakin).

This is not a debate.

cheers

PS all the little elves runnin around here putting copper wire back in the ground funny about that lol 

Steve Gregory
Highlighted

JJayy

Simply put. 99% of customers get dropouts and slow speeds during peak periods. Mine is no different.

My internet is so slow I can't even login to a Facebook page 

Always between these hours:

Mon-Fri 6pm until 12am.

Sat-Sun 9am until 3am. 

Optus will give you the run around by telling you to "reset your modem" or try to convince you that you modem is faulty, but before that, you'll need to navigate your way through a plethora of "customer support" phone calls to the Philippines where Optus's outsourced call centre is located, after which you'll be connected to an "operator" who barley speaks a word of English and will ask you to repeat yourself 400 times. After that, the conclusion will always be the same... Optus skimps on Bandwidth which is why your internet is dead slow, they skimp on customer support which is why they outsource it to an impoverished 3rd world country, and they receive their customers with claims of fast NBN broadband when in reality you're receiving sub standard service without the appropriate infrastructure to support the service you were intentionally misled into signing up for.

Class action is a comin' peeps. 

Please post all your complaints and concerns. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos