cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Optus NBN plans

I am currently on the $60/month bundled plan with unlimited data, plus the $5,$5,$10 add-ons to give me unlimited local calls, unlimited calls to Oz mobiles, and unlimited calls to 25 international destinations. I consistentl enjoy 30mbps download speeds via my current Optus HFC cable equipment.

As I understand it, looking at the current NBN plans to get almost equivalent to what I have now, I would need the $80 plan, plus $20 of add-ons ie $100/month, but get only 25mbps (max) and a Fetch box which I don't need.

Please Optus, to retain me as a customer when the NBN gets activated in my area, I need an equivalent cost/month for what I have now. Suggest Optus management look at introducing a better variety of plans for existing cable customers switching to the NBN.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus NBN plans

Hopefully Optus broaden customer options,  however they've elected to go down the content route (i.e. provide Fetch and shows) to differentiate themselves from other ISPs (since all ISPs use the same NBN cabling now).

FWIW the internet now costs more. Particularly for people who where enjoying HFC cable for the past few years - its been cheap and fast. But part of the NBN rollout has been to spread that capability across the nation, not just to a few million lucky homes. One of the big problems at the moment is peak hour congestion. This occurs because Telcos don't buy enough bandwidth for all their customers. They're not doing this because its more expensive they're afraid to put up prices (So Optus is still pretending its $80 deal can cut it and hoping others will price hike first so they then can). As a general rule of thumb I reckon any plan we were on should now be about $20 more expensive - this would largely ensure you actually get the speeds you are paying for.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos