Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus NBN not working, can't contact Optus

No internet. Dropped out earlier today. Turned modem and nbn boxs off and on as per Optus website. Still no internet. Went to MyAccount "messaging" but page doesn't open, so can't report to Optus.
Any thoughts?

22 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus NBN

Checked for outages on the link below? Make sure you select the outages box and also fixed outages.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. Says no outages reported when I put in my address. Thing is you can't contact the Help Centre Messaging service.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If the message on the Optus website is correct the support department is taking action to prevent the spread of the virus and this could mean a disruption to support services. You are the second person to report this in as many minutes say maybe it is down for the moment until they get themselves organized.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Have not heard that is any issue with Optus Messaging support.

If you have a social media account TGM, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus NBN not working, can't contact Optus

Same issue concerning my upgrade from ADSL to NBN service as modem just wont work. I went to Optus Shop in Sydney and the only help they can give is call 133937. Was on hole there for 3 hours last Friday and call never progressed. They advised also to use Messaging function on the Optus App....not on your computer desktop. Connected and messaged back/forth on 3 different occasions but they always just leave you hanging at some point and say they will get back to you. But that never happens. They are a joke as Australia's second largest telco.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Messaging Support definitely down. Been getting worse for the last few days, and now basically unreachable. Managed to get them yesterday - started at 8.41am, and finally had an answer to a relatively simple problem by 2.30pm. The guy on the other end of the chat told me a couple of times that he was sorry but he had to keep checking with his team leader as he didn't normally work in that area and was doing it simply to help out because so many of his co-workers were sick...

Scary times for them.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here, no access to direct assistance from Optus, only links to try this or that out... I need the line tested but can’t get hold of anyone
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No NBN connection since Saturday. Unable to contact Customer care....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello anyone there ? Needing to speak with someone about our NBN
0 Kudos