Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus NBN not working, can't contact Optus

Ray I hope that after all this disaster is behind us that Optus seriously reconsiders having a call centre in a country like the Philippines which is completely lawless when it comes to dealing with problems (drugs, earthquakes/civil disasters) and now Covid19 where call centre workers cant be on the street to get to the call centre at risk of being shot. And then for Optus to have a backup contingency of a call centre in India....ditto for problems. As Australia's 2nd largest telecoms provider it is now obvious that the network and support is paper-thin and really struggling to cope.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus NBN not working, can't contact Optus

My NBN upgrade? date was 19 March and as of today I have not had the final switch over done by Optus.  NBN did everything they needed to do but the final set up of the modem connection was never completed and on the advice of the NBN tech who did the instal, my modem is not the correct one and should have been upgraded also.  Since 19 March all I have achieved is a very long log of on-line chats (that service now turned off by Optus!) and now messaging on the Optus App which achieves nothing but referring you to quick help guides or phone numbers which never answer.  When you do get to message with someone at Optus you have to start from scratch each time as they say they dont have time to go through your message log.  It's an absolute debacle and a marketing case study in how not to outsource your business offshore and have zero client service capability in Australia where you claim to be a significant major telecoms player.  Don't waste your time in a queue at an Optus Shop...the customer service? people there are just for selling mobile phone plans...one guy at the East Village Sydney shop told me he is totally non-technical and just back-filling a position as all their tech people have been taken out of the shops to support the network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus NBN

no help at all.

0 Kudos