Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Optus NBN BS is getting worst.

To be polite, let's say that BS stands for Bad Service.

I have just spent 5 mns on the phone (had to do it twice because at one stage I pressed the wrong button and you can't go back, so that's 10 mns) just to get through the menu "press 1 for this, 2 for that, then 3 and 1 again, enter your phone number press another number again and so on and so on for 5mns ( yes, I timed it 3 times and recorded it for A Current Affair and the Telecommunication Ombudsman) after those 5 mns pressing buttons, they either tell you that they have noted your problem (they have no idea why you were calling for because you could not talk to anyone) and send you a ref number via SMS after the machine hangs up on you, or if you are really lucky, you get to talk to someone (after waiting 20 mns on the phone) as useless as the machine you interacted with previously because they ask you to turn your modem off, wait 30 seconds even  when you have told them that you have done it at least 6 times and that it does not resolve anything.

Then they tell yo a lot of BS (this one does not stand for bad service) and assure you that it will be fixed soon when they know very well that it will never be fixed (  I and many others had issues dating from NOVEMBER 2016, that's 10 months ago, still not fixed, still telling us that they are working on it).

I am certain that some third world countries have a better NBN service than Australia.

Optus and NBN, useless, hopeless and full of BS excuses, can't even speak to someone local. 0 out of 10 !

And still paying $90 a month. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus NBN BS is getting worst.

I agree with you..the phone system is very very poor Customer service and at time, confusing and leads to no where. So clever person in finance must had a brilliant ideal of confusing customers with the every confusing phone system so people just give up. 

It used to be a simple 2-3 choices and you can speak tot a real person. Now it is a like a big circle, lottery and ended up with a department which is either closed or too busy. 

I wish Optus can go back to the easier phone system, how about it OPTUS??? please say YES !!!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus NBN BS is getting worst.

Apologies for the experience with the IVR 😕 If calling isn't working out for you can always get onto us via Live Chat and speak with Tech Support there.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors