Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Arshad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus HFC NBN Frequent Dropouts

Hello Members,

My NBN HFC provided by Optus is almost unusable. There are frequent dropouts .  Have performed all troubleshooting steps provided on support group and Optus page. Unfortunately nothing works.

All the 4 green lights are stable for certain period of time and once the modem shows internet light red within couple of minute NBN device reboots with all 4 green light stable and internet connection is restored. It is happening too frequently.

I have done the below.

Switched off Modem / NBN Device.

Rebooted .

Unplugged/Plugged the co axial cable from wall mount.

Tested with DLink Modem /Optus Modem both same results.

Any help/suggestion .

Regards

Arshad

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus HFC NBN Frequent Dropouts

Hi Arshad,

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter your location and tick the Fixed outages box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Arshad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Ray for Quick Reply.

My location is Deagon/4017.

Yes I have checked both NBN/Optus Outage page but none report any issue.

Since today morning I am facing frequent drop outs (5 -6 dropouts since 9:00).

Regards

Arshad

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Arshad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Mate.

I did message for support using Optus App but yet to get any response.

Just got disconnected 15 minutes back in middle of a critical online meeting . It is becoming almost impossible to work from home .

Regards

Arshad

0 Kudos
Arshad
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got a message from Optus team on Facebook and they can see lot of dropouts.was asked to connect a device to Ethernet port but drop out continued. Same dropouts happening making it impossible to work from home 4 dropouts in last 1:30 hours
0 Kudos