cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jess_
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Disability Discrimination during Townsville Floods ???

My friend who has a disability has been trying for weeks to get in touch with Optus regarding a modem, as she has lost her old one and has had to relocate due to Townsville Floods. Optus said they sent the new one 5 weeks ago, but my friend is yet to recieve it. I can't help but think optus is discriminating against my friend, as my friend has said that she calls Optus and they say they can't help her and cut her off. Clearly they would not get away for this if my friend was able to self-advocate, put in complaints, access social media, but she can't due to her disability so they just brush her off. Very disappointing. Anyone know how to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Disability Discrimination during Townsville Floods ???

I'm happy (sorry?) to say there's no discrimination involved here. Reading through this forum you'll find many examples of similar treatment and performance for able bodied individuals. 

So like all customers I can only suggest you (or she) contact Optus again (livechat is prefered IMO) and request a modem be sent out. 

Peter Gillespie

Jess_
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter, 

Sad that that is the case. 

Unfortunately she is unable to access live chat because she has no internet. She can't use it on her phone due to her disability. 

Jess. 

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Jess_  are you with your friend? if so, maybe get on to live chat with her next to you. Alternative, ask your friend to call optus again like how she contacted them before. Sometime calls get disconnected, not sure that optus had disconnected your friend's call on purpose. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors