Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dickerswastic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Chat History

Does anyone know if the Optus chat's are retained by Optus? And if they are can I get a copy of the history? I have an issue on what I am being charged for NBN and I need to look at the Chat history. Cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Chat History

They probably do, but I'm not sure they're made public. I know phone calls are recorded especially if you verbally agree to a contract. So I would imagine any chat session that results ina contract would also be stored.

Do you want to detail your issue here? A mod might be able to review it for you.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dickerswastic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter

I switched my ADSL to NBN and the guy on chat told me it was $70 per month. I've been charged $80 and Optus Chat are saying there is no recourse and $80 is what it is. On top they have stopped the $20 rebate I had as I have 3 mobiles with them (not for long). This wasn't communicated either. Plus they bodged the NBN upgrade. Connected me but hadn't sent a modem so I had 2 days with no internet. They are as bad as Telstra!!

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus only ever had two broadband plans ($60 and $80). Not sure where the $70 comes from.

Switching to Optus NBN involves a brand new contract. I believe Optus still do the mobile / broadband discount ($10 or $20?). Contact LIVECHAT here and ask them to check your account. Its possible the discount hasn't been applied. Also Optus can take until month two in a new plan to apply some credits.

Possibly the CHAT person was refering to this $10 mobile / broadband discount which is where they got $70?

Regardless, the only plan is $80 - you might get an option to leave but not to pay $70

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors