cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Only house on my street without NBN connection

Hi,

I have recently moved into a newly built home that was part of three other houses built on a subdivided block. The whole street, and surrounding area, including the other two newly built houses are NBN capable and connected. My house is the only house that has no NBN connection at all. The address is not recognised on any providers site, nor on NBNco's site. After extensive conversations with various providers I have been informed my house may not have an NBN cable installed out front. I'm assuming this is an oversight on NBN's part since the other two houses have the connection as well as the rest of the street, I don't understand how my house was skipped. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they have got it rectified, or if there is another group I could contact to get NBN to connect my house as there representatives have told me I have to wait for an NBN connection to roll out in my area when this has clearly already happened.

Any assistance would be  greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Only house on my street without NBN connection

Sounds like your area was already done with fibre to the house which has a cable coming into property and a box on the outside of building.  Frustrating that your house has been missed at the back.  I would suggest might take a while to get same type of connection through NBN but you should be talking to them.  Alternatively if you have a hard phone line into your premises they could do it with fibre to the kerb and connect your NBN thru the copper phone line.  This may be a disincentive for them to do it properly though with fibre to the house as it removes the priority.  Just suggestion perhaps befriend your neighbour next door and see if they are using their NBN and offer to share the bill if they let you use their wifi or pay for all of it if they are not connected.

0 Kudos