Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Avalonlane
New Contributor
New Contributor

Non optus modem!

I am attempting to change to a D-Link router/modem without success. I have been using a sagecom previously. Trying everything and can’t connect it. I’m not techy. Help!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Non optus modem!

Hi @Avalonlane,

Thanks for your question.

However, the support we can provide is limited if the modem is not supplied by Optus.

You can check out Optus approved modems on our support page for Modem equipment, set up & user guides for Fixed Broadband.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Non optus modem!

@AvalonlaneYou will need to search on yescrowd and potentially whirlpool to see if anyone has done it with the NBN technology you are using. It has been done with the exception of getting the phone to work with any non optus modem as they do NOT give out the SIP configuration needed to set it up.

I do not use NBN, but have seen posts where people have swapped out the nobbled Optus modem for a better functioning modem.

The optus support will only support modems on their list and only if you are using it in a standard way. BTW some of them do NOT support bridged mode!!!! Ouch...

0 Kudos