Searching...
Highlighted

No telephone service after NBN connection.

infotran

Along with thousands of others  I have the " no phone line problem ". The installer did not discuss location of NBN modem so like others I have ended up with modem in daughters bedroom and non-operating phone in another location. It seems the miracles of modern technology can't resolve this  so it appears I have to pay someone to re-wire my phone connection. As a pensioner is there anyway Optus will assist me with this cost ??

Re: No telephone service after NBN connection.

Davelew

Hi

Your phone now has to be plugged into your modem not a wall telephone socket.

The easiest and cheapest option is to buy a cordless home phone, plug the base station into your modem and put the handset in a convenient position.   You will need to place the handset in the base station every week or so to charge it.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

infotran

Thanks for your input. I shouldn't have to purchase equipment or pay a contractor ( Optus won't do anything ) to get a existing telephone service to work. It appears that Optus are only required to provide an NBN service to the premises. This effectively this means however and wherever it is easiest and cheapest to fulfill this requirement. If or not the customer is happy with the result really does not matter.

Davelew

Hi

I am afraid it is with all the providers, I think they presume everyone who still has a home phone will have a cordless phone.

I think the other problem is the NBN contractor will try to get away with installing the cables to the easiest spot for them.   When my NBN cable was installed I had to be quite firm with the technician where I wanted the cable and the route to take the cable.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

infotran

A signature to confirm that the customer has read the "Ask the Crowd" section should be requirement before any NBN installation is commenced .

Has my question been answered, no, Optus's answer is 'sort it out youself. She'll be right, maybe. 

I hear that QANTAS is considering setting up a similar page to allow it's customers to answer technical questions about it's fleet of aircraft as their technicians are having trouble understanding the Indian experts.                                                                                                                                 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
29 Kudos
27 Kudos
21 Kudos