Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No outgoing email - been over a week now

I am yet to hear from the highest-level super-expert (supposed to be calling today).

None of the settings advertised online have worked, I tried the exact settings from my sister's tablet (which worked perfectly via the same WiFi), with no luck. Tried multiple PC's + tablets/phones.

mail.optusnet.com.au -> simply times out.

Because this works with another @OPTUSNET.com.au email with the same server from the same router, with identical settings. I have come to the conclusion that it is not software or computer related. It must be a corruption in a prefs file or database in the inbox/outbox?

This happened so abruptly, that it could be an automatically pushed firmware update to the modem/router -> Sagemcom F@ST3864AC (supplied by Optus):

Software Version:

8.386_F@ST3864AC_Optus

Bootloader Version8.358
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: No outgoing email - been over a week now

Hi @themacmeister, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
If you would like a call-back from your Case manager, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have already raised this issue via chat, I am expecting a third technician to call me today... awaiting the call now 🙂

😕

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for getting back to us with an update, @themacmeister. Let us know how you go. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A brainless call-centre woman rang from Bangladesh or somewhere in India, and refused to help without the account owner's permission. She was not only not available, but is a frail 84 year old woman who knows nothing about computers or the internet.

I have my brother looking into the problem (he works at Optus).

I really hoped that the third person who I spoke to at Optus would not be a call-centre automaton. Hopefully my brother will find someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Because Optus surely hasn't.

The only remaining option is to change internet/phone provider

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @themacmaster, just in case you were not aware Optus email accounts, do come at a capacity of 100MB. Once you reach this limit, all incoming emails will be halted till more space is made.

My best recommendation from here, would be to clear any unwanted emails, including those in your spam folders and your email functions should restore soon after.

In the instance you were unable to access your email account all together, I would also suggest clearing any unwanted browsers and removing cookies. Generally speaking, this typically will always improve your email services. Trying a different browser after a quick restart can also do the trick.

Should you still be having issues getting access into your Optus email, please send through the reference case number mentioned above over to our Messenger teams whom will be able to review the issue and get back to you with an update. The teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App

themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It is only outgoing mail that is affected?? Also, I download all email locally, so my inbox should be entirely empty (I did find 100 spam messages using webmail).

If I cannot find a solution, I will just train my elderly mother to use webmail 😞

...which is not my preferred option

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Captured my network traffic from Thunderbird and Outlook email clients. As you can see, Outlook log contains a lot of Digital Certificate messages... and no longer times out. New error message (via IMAP or POP3) is "Connection to the server failed or was dropped. Mail could not be sent". Thunderbird just sits there and timeouts like a dummy...

Thunderbird: 

‘√≤°∞ö

Outlook:

0a10	UUS10U
DigiCert Inc10Uwww.digicert.com1 0UDigiCert Global Root CA0
*****0Z
*****0Z0M10	UUS10U
DigiCert Inc1'0%UDigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA0Ç"0
	*ÜHܘ
Ç0Ç
Ç‹ÆXêM¡ƒ0ê5[n<Çı,\Ω„€ˇqC˙d%Ä‘Ó¢Mf–
snò6dØ7ù˝˙AÑØ«Øå˛sMœ3óê¢ñáSÉ+π¶uH-V7{⁄12◊¨´Ù™]K∑GF›*ì√ê.yÄÄÔj;µõíæ¬eN¸⁄¸ˇzÆ‹\~U1Ë9§◊æ/”j“±fl_˛WtS;5Ä›ÆéDò≥ü”⁄‡◊Ùk)´DßKXÑmíKÅ√⁄sãóHêEu›71óíËÕT
;‰¡?9^.∏Û\~éÜAçEfG∞°eŒ†™)	NÛóÎË.´rß0˙«Ù˝w√§[(W¬≥˘Ç˝∑EXõ£ÇZ0ÇV0Uˇ0ˇ0UˇÜ04+(0&0$+0Ühttp://ocsp.digicert.com0{Ut0r07†5†3Ü1http://crl3.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootCA.crl07†5†3Ü1http://crl4.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootCA.crl0=U 60402U 0*0(+https://www.digicert.com/CPS0UÄaÇ1a’/(ÁçF8¥,·∆Ÿ‚0U#0ÄfiP5V—Lªf£‚√ó≤=—U0
	*ÜHܘ
Ç#>flK“1B•∂~B\DÃi—h¥]K‡!lK‚mñ‡óè¶S	Õ™*eÂ9OÉ•n\ò¢$&Ê˚°Ìì«.∆MJø∞Bflx⁄≥®˘mˇ!ÖS6`LvŒÏ8‹÷QÄ≈÷‘M'd´õ«>q˚Hó∏3m…Óñ¢ˆ\L@Ì≥¬Ïˇq¡„Gˇ‘π¥7B⁄ …ÍnäÓÆ}¢Yòà®o-ÙÚ…_&œ,ç~Ì7¿©’9πÇøÍ4Ø!h¯≠s‚…2⁄8%U”öhÜÌ.A4Ô|•Pø:˘”¡ÊÌÿ≈—_ôÅ66E(@@\7wr”Ñ˙·bUY¡*ËüõPˇˇÿ≈—_‹ÇeeEW@@\”Ñ˙wr·*ËüõbUY¡PˇˇäX%‰∏w≠-nıR›¥tè´I.ù;ì4(xŒîÍ«Ω”…mfi\2Ûÿ≈—_‹Ç66E(@@\7wr”Ñ˙·bUY¡*Ëü Pˇˇÿ≈—_ÏäAAE3@@[,wr”Ñ˙·bUY¡*Ëü Pˇˇ‡§±|u≥∞LºÓ≥y"q¨˘à`§ÌXá¥É˝¥(7[Ó”Õ'h∞-«ÅfiüWêúäy˘bËıÒÅhû¯ÙÇêBø·M~âPn^Ñ≤œ©H¿¥Œ(ÂS.L∏JÇඡZ≈⁄_ÆâÇr¢u+Á¸¥vE’ìBY<$Ájd¡(èvµ¡¬Á4≈ILÂßÁß8~ÇÛIèÿ¡)B´Ùá˘d≈%L#dL$Ãœò
uWªÖ!p°ù5|ûØ”LáÉ'dºt’'ko'ì¡êø81è&ÁØSº+†¶C	¬ù”^h
cOòz¶`‰mZSÁÈgÌUL˚m¥ÿW¯ÿ≈—_Ïä66E(@@\7”Ñ˙wr·*Ëü bUZÃPˇˇÿ≈—_¯ä<<E.@@\1wr”Ñ˙·bUZÃ*Ëü Pˇˇÿ≈—_¯ä66E(@@\7”Ñ˙wr·*Ëü bUZ“Pˇˇÿ≈—_˝äccEU@@\
wr”Ñ˙·bUZ“*Ëü Pˇˇ(iUL ¨(h<ÌÛS¢çMá}¿O3’äƒ∞ne$æµ˚7.|X¥…&Øÿ≈—_˝ä66E(@@\7”Ñ˙wr·*Ëü bUZˇPˇˇÿ≈—_íëfifiE–@@Vç”Ñ˙wr·#é*FË}¢PˇˇUQ_—≈ÿ©•æ
Œº_¥O⁄ç%˘¥€Åÿ˜yei=â∂ùQ{ ¿§Ñ#¯∑ÆîD-ï“à¶kB¬Ìáä	ëî< è®ù	ˇr0Çn0ÇV†r¸„‰∞~ø«6Ùöß{0
	*ÜHܘ
0M10	UUS10U
DigiCert Inc1'0%UDigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA0
*****0Z
*****0Z0Å£10	UAU10UNEW SOUTH WALES10
USydney1%0#U
Optus Administration Pty Ltd1&0$UInternet Services Engineering10U*.optusnet.com.au0Ç"0
	*ÜHܘ
Ç0Ç

0 Kudos
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Outlook 2016 for Mac diagnostic report does not add to a solution 😞

Outlook for Mac 2016 Diagnostic Log
=======================================================
Outlook for Mac 2016 Build: 16.16.20101200
Activation Type: Volume License
Microsoft AutoUpdate Build: 4.29.20110804
Mac OS Version: Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G6020)
Audience: Production
AudienceGroup: Production
Channel: CC
Computer name: [Not Logged]
Current Time Zone: Australia/Hobart
Device ID: e887efd8-f807-5843-aa9f-1e59fd6dbbc1
Session ID: f25d1865-0cc8-4839-af29-a4b9fac34067
Default Profile Name: [Not Logged]
Profile Path: [Not Logged]
Proxy Settings: 
[Not Logged]
Number of email messages: 1
Number of folders: 14
Number of reminders: 0
Number of Contacts: 1
Number of Calendar Items: 0
Number of email accounts: 1
Number of LDAP accounts: 0
----------------------------- P O P 3 ------------------------------
Default Account: TRUE
Account Name: [Not Logged]
Account Full Name: [Not Logged]
Email Address: [Not Logged]@optusnet.com.au
Email Server: [Not Logged]
Account Uses SSL: TRUE
SMTP Server: [Not Logged]
Authentication ID: [Not Logged]
Folders in Account: 0
Reminders in Account: 0
Calendar Items in Account: 0
----------------------------- P O P 3 ------------------------------
0 Kudos
themacmeister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My mother rang Optus and gave her authorisation, but they are yet to call us back.

email sending still broken.

😞

0 Kudos