Searching...

No nbn modem has arrived

Daniel4

A technician came today and connected to nbn to my house but no modem has been delivered, I tried calling optus twice but was put on hold for 40 minutes both times and hung up on each time before the call even connected.

Re: No nbn modem has arrived

Jeneral__Pain

Once the NBN device is in place, the modem should be already on its way. 

What NBN type did you get? 

Have you tried chat instead of calling?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Daniel4

I did not realise there was multiple types of nbn, and yes I did try live chat, i was on live chat with someone for atleast an hour and got no definitive answer, all they really said to me was be patient.

The technician that came earlier came back at 4:30pm and informed me that the modem should have already arrived, he then connected some sort of black box to my wall socket and told me that it is easy to install once it arrives, I am ok with plugging in the modem myself but I would like to know when it will arrive and why it has not arrived yet.

Jeneral__Pain

Okay so odds are you've got an Arris device sitting on your desk/shelf whatever. If that's the case, this is the NBN modem, you don't need a "modem" to connect. Unfortunately because "modem" is a word used way to interchangably this causes confusion.

If you don't care about the home phone, you can use your own router.

If you do care about the home phone, you need to use Optus' router.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Daniel4

That is completely besides the point, a modem was meant to be delivered, it hasn't been, I spent 3 hours trying to communicate with customer service and the reply I get is be patient, there is no information provided as to why it hasn't been delivered as promised, multiple of my questions were ignored in regards to this matter and replace with blatant comments such as "be patient" and "sometimes the tracking information is not updated".

Jeneral__Pain

Well the tracking one I'd understand because I've been awaiting something to be delivered. It sat as "Scanned into Delivery Distribution Centre (SYDNEY)" for three days before I suddenly get an SMS "Your delivery has been signed for by <name>" (my partner signed for it). But I got nothing to say 'it was out for delivery' or anything.

So I'm not shocked by that one.

Your best bet if you feel you've escalated and asked for a TL to investigate is to visit www.optus.com.au/complaints and log a complaint.

Daniel4

Well there is no tracking information available at all, it says the order number doesn't exist.

I spent 3 hours of my time today trying to contact optus and I am totally over it, if the modem doesn't come over the next few days I will most likely cancel my order and go through another provider.

Ray_YC

Hi Daniel, 

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

SillyGogo

it is stranged that the optus modem hasn't arrived before the nbn installation. It could be lost along the way, looks like you have spend alot of your time and patient on this matter. I agree that it is not the right way and optus should provides you a modem and communicates the progress with you. But instead of spending more time and causing more stress, maybe consider buying one from gumtree, they are around  $10-$50, that is cheaper than 3 hours on the phone. Once the one from optus arrives, you can put it back on gumtree for the amount you paid for OR get optus to reemburse you the amount that you've paid. 

Alternately, if you already have an exisiting wifi router at home, you can plug that into the black Aries box and have the internet going, as suggested by @Jeneral__Pain  while optus track down or resend the Optus modem/rrouter. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos