cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No nbn connection

I've recently moved so I've only had the NBN for a week. Was working good with no drop outs and amazingly, the entire setup was super easy with no issues! BUT at about 4.30 pm yesterday the NBN stopped working and is still out.

The lights on the modem/s are all green except for the online one. I have tried restarting them both (Optus gateway and NBN) and also logged into the modem on the computer. Everything is ok except for connecting to the NBN.

I tried chatting with Optus this morning and they confirmed the account is active and there are no restrictions - they couldn't offer any other help.

Has this happened to anyone else??? How did you fix it???

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No nbn connection

Have you checked the Optus outage page for your postcode?

Optus should be able to confirm you're getting no signal to your modem from their end.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter

If I put my exact address in, it says everything is ok with no outages. But if I leave it blank and Optus gives a list for any for the area, then there is one listed. I assumed if my address was included in the affected area, then it should say there is an outage when I enter my exact address.

Oh well guess i just wait and hope when that issue is resolved I will get nbn back. 

Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It can be hard to know exactly what addresses are affected by what issues. Sounds like something is up in the area though. Good to know Optus are aware of it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie