cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No internet on F@ST3864V3OP modem

For the last few years I have been having an issue where I have no internet access through my F@ST3864V3OP modem the internet light is on but the only way to connect to the internet is to change the DNS server on any connected device to 8.8.8.8 or alternatively to connect an external router to the modem and set it up to use DNS 8.8.8.8. Sometimes doing 2 or 3 factory resets on the modem will cause the internet access to be restored however after a couple of days it drops out again and I have to play around with the DNS again. This is unacceptable as I am sick and tired of constantly stuffing around with this useless modem the only reason I am not tossing into the nearest bin is because it is the only option available for my home phone.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: No internet on F@ST3864V3OP modem

Sounds like you may have a faulty modem. Contact Optus and see if they will replace it for you.

What type of NBN do you have (FTTN, FTTC etc.)?

Do you use the land line?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have FTTN over crappy copper to the house and I still use the landline

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@aarecco wrote:

I have FTTN over crappy copper to the house and I still use the landline

If you had anything other then FTTN or FTTB I would have suggested you use your other external router as your main router and relegate the 3864 to just handling the phone.

0 Kudos