Searching...
Highlighted

No internet connection

Nursedp

I have had extremely slow upload and download speeds for over a week. Tried the usual switch on and switch off of bothe Optus modem and NBN box. Since doing this I am now 1 week without any internet at all. All lights are on green and all lights on the NBN box are on. Our devices keep asking for a password as “password incorrect “ other times it does provide us the opportunity to add a password. Tried connecting via Ethernet to the modem to change the password, no internet. There is a telephone dial tone.  Checked all leads. Called Optus 5 times, said they would send NBN out twice, neither times did they arrive. Optus said there was a fault to the property and are working on it. Never any communication from Optus. Note that there are no outages noted when I search under my address. Feel like I’m being fobbed off. Anyone have any advice as I’m at a loss as towhat else i can do? 

Re: No internet connection

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

When you say our devices keep asking for a password do you mean the Optus moderm? 

Keep thing things simple on diagnostics. Just focus on the modem and perhaps one device connected by wire. Get that working then move on to the rest.

So sounds like two possibilities. 1 it's the Optus modem and they can send out a replacement. Or more likely it's 2 and the NBN needs to fix the line.

Ask Optus of they can see your modem from their end. But unfortunately Optus has to arrange the NBN guys for you and they have to turn up. You will need to keep contacting Optus, best daily, until they sort out for you.

Peter Gillespie

PS re reading of all the NBN box lights are green try plugging the NBN box straight into a laptop or PC and seeing if you can get the internet  that would indicate a replacement modem is needed.

Nursedp

Many thanks Peter, we have tried connecting the laptop to the Optus modem, but will try the NBN modem. All the lights are on both boxes as they should be. At Optus they say that it suggests all is working fine, although when Optus liaises with NBN they state there is a fault.  My concern, I’ve raised with Optus many times, is that they do not provide me with updates on how it is progressing.

petergdownload

Optus do not not do progress up dates as far as I can tell. If you have an issue it is logged and then something is done. Or not done. Or might be being done. Optus seem to rely on the customer following up the issue to prompt further action. More recently they've tried to address this issue with a "concierge" NBN hookup service which hopes to provide feedback along the way. Unfortunately I think you'll need to go the other way and keep on.

NBN Its possible the PC will need to be set to auto (or DHCP) mode to work direct from the NBN modem (turn off the Optus modem all together for the test)

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos