Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nicolekazbo
New Contributor
New Contributor

No internet connected to new Optus Modem 5366

Needing advice. Have a new Optus Modem after the last one went in recent storm. Connected as per instruction and only the Power and WIFI lights are displaying on the modem. Optus have tried several things and cannot get working. Funnily I connect the NBN directly to the TV today and it picked it up and good watch Netflix.  The light on the back of the NBN (where ethernet connects)  was flashing red.  

Have tried several ethernet cables and still not service.  This is now day 10 without service. Help needed. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nicolekazbo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: No internet connected to new Optus Modem 5366

Sorry I should add our devices can pick up the wifi name and enter password but can't actually get the internet service.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I'm surprised that you get any internet at all with a flashing red NBN box.
Did Optus supply you with the new 5366 or did you get it elsewhere second hand?
Have you tried factory resetting the 5366?
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hey @nicolekazbo, we appreciate you setting up your replacement modem. I'm sorry that you're experiencing connectivity issues here. Have you tried connecting to a different Ethernet port on the back of the modem? I would recommend conducting a Factory Reset on your modem if you haven't already. 

A factory reset usually involves holding a recessed reset button down for a few seconds, they're normally located on the rear or underside of your modem / router. We also have a Quick Start Guide for the 5366 modem for your reference. 

If issues persist, we welcome you to reach out to our 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App who are ready to assist further. Please note that if they are unable to resolve your issue, they can escalate this matter to our Technical Case Management Team who will conduct further investigations so that we can work to get your service up and running as soon as possible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - unexpected activities. The WAN and Internet LEDs are not ON, but the TV can connect to the Internet - is that with WiFi or with an Ethernet Data cable?  The rear WAN port LEDs of the F@ST5366 should be Amber and Green - what is the WAN port of the modem connected to - a Black Arris HFC modem or a White Netcomm FTTC modem - can you plug a PC into the LAN Port of HFC/FTTC modem and get Internet?

If you can connect to the Internet , it implies the modem is at Fault. 

If you can't connect, it implies a NBN modem fault - what colour LEDs are you seeing on the HFC/FTTC modem? 

Does the F@ST 5366 Internet Connectivity Tile show a valid public address and what does the adjacent Status show?

nicolekazbo
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have an ARRIS NBN box. The optus technican came yesterday and has advised we need a new NBN box as the port is faulty.  The TV can connect through the ethernet connection and I have today connected to my dock for my surface pro and i am getting internet straight to my lapop via the ethernet cable. It's the same port that I am trying to connect to Optus modem and doesn't work. I can't work that one out.  But anyway the NBN person is coming this afternoon so lets see 🙂

Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes that it is strange. It looks like the NBN Network has not auto accepted the MAC address of the Optus modem for registration to your service but works fine for other devices directly connected to the Arris LAN port. Hope it gets sorted for you this afternoon.