Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Spydery
Occasional Contributor

No any confirmation or update on NBN Migration Order

Hi

The NBN in my area became available from last week. As the internet in my area is ADSL, I need to upgrade to NBN to get faster speed. Around 4pm 18th Jan 2019, I made the NBN migration order via optus LIVE CHAT, and a temporary order number (6 digits) was given. The sales told me that I should receive an confirmation email in 2-3 business days. I kept waiting until this Wednesday (23rd Jan 2019), no email or message from optus was received. I started the LIVE CHAT to ask them if everything is alright, and the answer was that they could not locate my order and told me that I might have to wait upto 10 business day! 

This is really frustrating thus I called optus to track my order. Finally, after 10+ times of call transfer within 2 hours, my order has been located and they said the order has been processed on last Friday(18th Jan 2019)! But still I did not received any updates or confirmations in email or message from optus.

I talked to optus via LIVE CHAT today (25th Jan 2019) to confirm if everything is alright, and they said the backend team will call or message me after 6pm regarding the order. 

Update(7:40pm, 25/01/2019)

Nothing happened, so again I started LIVE CHAT with optus. 

I asked them why I have not received anything as they promised - someone will contact me today.

And they told me THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH MY ORDER SO IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

WHAT A JOKE.

I don't know what they were doing with this order in last 5 business days. If there is an issue with the order, they should notify me about the status of my order. Or at least just let me know that the order might take longer to be approved. But nothing, no emails, no messages, no calls, nothing.

They are saying that they will fix the issue within 72 hours. Guess it is another joke. Next 72 hours is public holiday here (Sat, Sun, Mon), I don't expect that they can process my order within 72 hours.

Or maybe I should just cancel the contract and find another ISP. 

Or NBN itself is a joke.

Update(12:30pm, 29/01/2019)

Now I'm getting used to this - expecting nothing happens

As they promised me to fix the issue within 72 hours on last Friday, I talked to them again today.

I started with the Live Chat, and after giving them the order number, he actually asked my number and called me.

What he actually did was tranferring me to other team because he believed that the migration team could help me.

But apparently the migration team knows nothing about my order, and they told me that the backend team is responsible for this. All they can do is asking me to wait until someone calls me. 

Seriously I am enough with this, I will wait till this Friday, if nothing happens I will transfer to other ISP. 

Final Update (05Feb19, 5:50pm)

Enough with Optus.

It has been 12 Business days, 2 weeks 3 days, nearly half a month after I placed my order. I contacted with Optus so many times but useless.

They promised that I would be informed with the order update from within 48 hours to 10 business days. Nothing happened.

They promised that someone from management team would call me. Nothing Happened.

They promised many things but nothing has been fullfilled.

Called them today to cancel the order and the current ADSL contract. Time to go with other providers. Bye Optus. 

Thank you all for trying to help me with this case.

No further update will be given, case closed.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No any confirmation or update on NBN Migration Order

I'd place $20 on the backend team not contacting you after 6pm. Let me know if they do and $20 is all yours. 

That said, Optus dealings with the NBN are not very transparent. The customer service don't know what is going on and so you don't know what is going on. Optus also don't have direct control over NBN technicians. 

It sounds like the order has been placed and it should end up being activated. At this stage it might be a waiting game. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Disappointed in you Peter not plugging my blog:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/My-NBN-experience-with-Optus-Placing-the-Order-Connection-Day/...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It feels a bit rude pre-empting a post. A bit like imitation being the sincerest form of flattery until you're in breach of copyright Smiley Happy I'm taking a scattergun approach, plug sometimes, unplug others.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well Dave at least you received an confirmation email immediately after placing the order in. For me, it's been a week and I received nothing confirmed.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Keep plugging, a bit like Google with their adds, give me your bank details and I'll transfer the money.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

@Spydery

Optus are a bit but and miss with their confirmations.  Wait for the NBN SMS and then all things will move forward 

One bit of advice if the NBN technician has to install a connection point in your house insist on where you want it. From my experience and other's posts they will try to install it where it is easiest for them.

Please keep us updated with the progress.

Dave

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Update(7:40pm, 25/01/2019)

Nothing happened, so again I started LIVE CHAT with optus. 

I asked them why I have not received anything as they promised - someone will contact me today.

And they told me THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH MY ORDER SO IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

WHAT A JOKE.

I don't know what they were doing with this order in last 5 business days. If there is an issue with the order, they should notify me about the status of my order. Or at least just let me know that the order might take longer to be approved. But nothing, no emails, no messages, no calls, nothing.

They are saying that they will fix the issue within 72 hours. Guess it is another joke. Next 72 hours is public holiday here (Sat, Sun, Mon), I don't expect that they can process my order within 72 hours.

Or maybe I should just cancel the contract and find another ISP. 

Or NBN itself is a joke.

I will keep update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Take what staff say with a grain of salt. There may be an 'issue', or the person you dealt with may have just said that in the absence of any real information. I agree totally that Optus should assign a dedicated person to track each NBN sign up and keep customers constantly informed. They don't, and there are better rsps imo for getting onto the NBN for the first time. 

I'd suggest just keep plugging away. A live chat a day. It should keep things moving and you'll get connected.

Glad I got to keep my $20 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Update(12:30pm, 29/01/2019)

Now I'm getting used to this - expecting nothing happens

As they promised me to fix the issue within 72 hours on last Friday, I talked to them again today.

I started with the Live Chat, and after giving them the order number, he actually asked my number and called me.

What he actually did was tranferring me to other team because he believed that the migration team could help me.

But apparently the migration team knows nothing about my order, and they told me that the backend team is responsible for this. All they can do is asking me to wait until someone calls me. 

Seriously I am enough with this, I will wait till this Friday, if nothing happens I will transfer to other ISP. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors