cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No NBN 14 days. Problems Oct-Dec

I made an order for handsets and NBN port Early October. NBN ported no issue. Handsets were delayed and advised consistently that was a stock issue after being assured by sales items were available. Went into store who cancelled orders and supplied handsets - only took 4 hours. Order could not be completed due to technical issues. Kept calling about ports, no response. December 2nd NBN disconnected without consultation or fail safes put in place. After multiple attempts to find out what was wrong - told to go and buy dongle myself so that my wife could run her small business- 4G dongle in very bad service area. Told best that could be done was to place order again with adjusted prices for compensation. A “champion” was assigned to connection who resolution team have no knowledge of and apparently no contact with. Reconnection date 9th December with no effort to expedite order/reconnection. Multiple calls were made to have status changed from port to re-connection as Telstra had confirmed that issue had to be resolved with wholesale team as disconnection from their service occurred 12 October. Optus appears to have no access or knowledge of what wholesale team is. On long awaited 9th December I receive messages stating that there is an issue with the port (probably as it is a reconnection not a port). After multiple calls, explaining issue each time, I was informed again that service had been disconnected (yes, by Optus on the 2nd) and that I would need to contact Telstra to have it re-connected. I asked Optus team member to call Telstra so that he could explain problem to them - Telstra agent again very clearly explained that it was a Wholesale issue - which again appeared to be a concept that Optus agent did not understand. Their solution “you need to contacts Telstra again and ask them to reconnection (sic) your number”
I contacted Telstra myself who again confirmed that service was successfuly disconnected by Optus. For 1hr15 minutes I had to go through the process of creating a “dummy” order to have line reconnected by retail agent who after 2 minutes assumed I would/could just keep my service with Telstra once service is connected.
I contacted Optus to confirm that I had now done as directed and their response: “our system is showing that you have an order with another provider.” ??????
After now waiting for Champion to reappear I am connected to Telstra and I am sure I will be billed for “dummy order” during this time the data on the dongle has run out multiple times. Thank goodness the TIO can deal with loss of income because Optus insultingly state in their communication, just so you know, NOTE:
Optus does not provide compensation for time spent resolving concerns, emotional distress, pain and suffering or other punitive damages. This is in line with the guidelines set by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman’s’”
In this time I have now had confirmation that original charges for services are being reinstated and not the discounted fees agreed on when order was recreated.
So my question is how do I get my NBN connected promptly?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Service disconnection without warning

In short - my NBN was ported to Optus in October. December 2nd they disconnected service without consultation to fix a mobile porting issue on same order. December 15 and still no NBN - multiple questions - as this has impacted wife’s small business, how is compensation calculated? Do the new NBN laws provide more accountability in this situation? Every step of getting this resolved has been my contact not theirs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: No NBN 14 days. Problems Oct-Dec

Not a great experience you have described there, 33south.

From what you have described, you should have a direct contact method to your NBN Champion/Concierge? If so, your likely best bet is to contact them this way and request to speak with their Manager. If not, if you know their name, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and the team should be able to track them down (or even if you don't have their name as it should all be noted on the system once they have your account info).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos