Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Internet - NBN

Hi,

My house has been without internet for the last 3 days. I am working from home, and my kids are doing online learning, and we cannot work without internet. 

How do we raise this support case?  I notice on the COVID-19 Update message dated 17/3/20 that it says that not having a working connection is considered a priority. However, when we tried to call the support centre, we were told to send a message on the Optus App, which according to that same message seems to be for non-urgent cases. 

This is becoming critical for our household. I want to make sure I can raise this, and have it rectified as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Colleen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: No Internet - NBN

All you can do is keep trying to contact Optus and reiterate to the support person that Optus themselves says its a priority. It really is hit and miss as to the quality of support staff that you get.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Internet - NBN

Hey @Colster, we all know how important an internet connection can be right now. 

Here are a few suggestions that might help. We've set up a page full of general information due to the COVID-19 impacts that has a whole lot of helpful tips and steps that might help you get back online. 

If you don't have any luck with these steps, I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries: 

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by ChristianYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts: · 

· Mobile users 

0 Kudos