cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New to Optus NBN

HI All,

As a new Optus NBN customer trying to get my Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 modem/router wifi working on our metal frame house

WiFi drops out even in the morning with no traffic in our area, at night time just does not work at all

Have tryed using my Netgear extender - Ex6100, which worked really well with our old ADSL service

But to no avail 

Can anyone help me out ????

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New to Optus NBN

I've never heard of a metal frame affecting a WiFi signal before so I don't think it would (at least not significantly) but I could be wrong.

There have been numerous reports of the Optus supplied modems having poor quality WiFi but there are a number of troubleshooting steps you can try before anything else. A quick google search will provide you with numerous guides of things to try, the main one being switching the WiFi channel to help reduce interferance with your neighbours. 

If that doesn't work, your next step would be to call Optus support. It could be that the modem/router is faulty and they'll be able to organise a replacement.

Lastly, it could just be that the router component just isn't adequate for your needs. This would lead you down the path of a third party router. Personally I recommend the asus rt-ac68u however that's mid to high range and might be over spending, it really comes down to your needs. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own