Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New nbn connection - no internet

Nbn technician installed new nbn fttp connection at my newly built house and new modem. Correct lights are displaying on nbn box and I can connect to wifi and Ethernet but both say no internet. On the modem the Wifi and internet lights are on but do not flash. Optus Chat is telling me it isn’t working because they have not processed the disconnection order on my previous address. Is this correct? They have promised to do this today but this will be the third day in a row they have said ‘it will be working later today’ and I’m not sure I believe them. I think they don’t really know if it will work and are just trying to get me off the chat.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: New nbn connection - no internet

Sounds reasonable. Optus don't want to supply two services when you're only paying for one. What isn't reasonable is that they haven't done it yet. Might be a weekend thing. Suggest you wait until Monday rolls around and call around midday,

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Any luck this morning @Jnkinsella

It's not necessarily a case of us physically disconnecting the old service before you can use the new service. It's the transfer and provisioning of the Optus username against the new service that we're waiting on. 

This should happen as soon as we receive a completion notice from NBNco. If the installation was completed on Friday, it's possible that there's been a delay. I'd suggest messaging our activation department. You'll need to select, Personal → Home Phone, Broadband & NBN →Track my order. 

Alternatively, you can also find the team on Social Media. You can message us directly over Facebook or Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Dan_C
Hopefully some progress. They have said they will call me back at 5pm my time to activate the new service. I don’t know why it would need them to call back at the end of the day. Something in your message about username has me worried though. When I originally organised the move, the guy had trouble putting in the cease order for the old service, so he set the new service up with a new contract, username and phone number. It’s still on the same account number and I can see both services on MyAccount. Could that be why I’m getting the run around on the phone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It's quite tricky for us to know here Jnkinsella as we have no direct visibility of what exactly is going on.

Hopefully you got that call back and things are sorted out now?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Ray_YC I have finally got a hold of someone from in the optus nbn technical support team who had some straight answers. Something was done wrongly in pre-activation and whatever it was couldn’t be fixed, so the service has been cancelled and they have started the whole thing again with a new modem on the way. A truly ridiculous situation and if I hadn’t been transferred to this particular guy I’m sure I’d still be calling each day and getting transferred around by people with no idea how to help. I will mark this as solved but it would be no surprise to be back on next week when the new modem doesn’t work either. If Optus didn’t have the Premier League locked up it would be see you later...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You don't need Optus to watch the Premier League @Jnkinsella

You can just pay the $15 a month subscription and watch it via any RSP.

Hopefully though the issues will be sorted now though.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm yeah that does sound rather frustrating overall, at least you finally got some clarity about the situation. Thanks for providing your update.

If there are any further issues let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have no internet connection I have reset the modem and turned wifi on and off it did not work I need help 0421086968 hidden
0 Kudos