cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

New customer given old modem which isn't dual band. Please help

I am a new customer and disappointed to hear/learn from recent posts that i've been given an old modem which doesn't support dual band. This is something that i had discussed with an Optus person. What do i do in order to be provided with a modem which does support 5Ghz? The modem i have is a Sagemcom Fast3864 v2

If someone could help that would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New customer given old modem which isn't dual band. Please help

G'day @iceblueboy,

Happy to offer a bit of advice.

Roughly how long ago had you signed up for the broadband service?

Ever since our new offers were released (2 or so months back) - we've been offering the Sagemcom F@st 3865V3 with AC on both the lower and upper plan tier. 

If we've mistakenly sent out the incorrect modem, our Live Chat team should be able to correct the error.

They'll check which offer you've signed onto and organise for the delivery of the AC modem. You won't be required to send back the old modem (keep as a spare if you wish).

If you do run into any issues, report back here and we'll try and help out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos