cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

New Service - no internet connection

New service connected today (broadband cable).  Tech had some difficulty in getting cable modem to connect to internet.  That was 5 hours ago.  Told me to keep switching modem on and off every hour to see if it was connecting.

No "Phone" light on modem.

Any way I can get some help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Service - no internet connection

Hello @phifai,

Sorry that your internet isn't working after just been connected!

I would suggest checking that the modem is set-up correcty, This Article will help with making sure its all set-up!

- Check wall sockets, power cables and your modem equipment is plugged in, clear from obstructions, and are not damaged

- Try alternate cabling if available, and/or replace damaged cabling.

If the above doesn’t fix the problem, then I’d really recommend getting in touch with our team on Messenger so we can log a fault. 

Please note, our Messaging team are currently experiencing delays so it's best to complete some basic troubleshooting before getting in touch with them

Ask to speak to a human, then leave your full name and the information about the issue in the messenger window

Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @Mick_YC 

The Optus Technician was here for 2.5 hours yesterday, and appeared to be having difficulty getting the modem established correctly.  Gave me instructions to cycle the power hourly and to look for a particular lamp on the modem panel.  No light 😞

I have done all of the cable bit, and we do have layer connections to the network OK.

I have been waiting since 17:10 yesterday for a response from the chat line.

Paying a lot for a temporary 4G wireless broadband connection while I wait.

Aware of issues that might cause problems and delays in response, but its now more than 24 hours, and no known network faults in my area either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok so now it's 4 days, and the only communication has been that someone will be in touch in 24-48 hours. That was 48 hours ago.
It shouldn't be that hard, current situation and all. What, is there only one person on?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Wow this just gets better.

I spent 7.5 hours yesterday, on and off, monitoring the Messenger part of the My Optus app.

After having to explain the whole situation again, and then getting the operator to acknowledge that a previous operator had assured me that a technician would have arrived days ago, they sent another technician.  he arrived this morning and lo!  he was an NBN technician, not a Cable technician.

Couldnt help us.  

I think I know what the problem is - nobody send me my optusnet password or a "welcome" pack.  I do not think my internet service is being logged into via my router/modem.  

Meanwhile, I am getting billed for my first month's service, and for the time of a technician that did almost nothing.

Happy?  You answer that one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey phifai,

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. Their main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working service.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos