Searching...
Highlighted

New NBN modem but no internet connection

Meeka2019

Hi,

I received my NBN modem on Friday and a card was put in the letterbox saying the NBN was ready to go. In the user guide it says I'll receive a confirmation SMS once it's been activated but it's now Sunday and I still haven't received a confirmation text. My devices recognise the network but it shows I don't have an internet connection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: New NBN modem but no internet connection

Jeneral__Pain

What kind of NBN connection are you getting? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

AlistarS

Hi @Meeka2019

Had we remotely activated the service, or had we sent a technician out to perform the installation? 

The SMS is generated once the order reaches a certain stage in the order work flow. That's usually when we've received a completion notice from NBN confirming that the service is active on their side.

If we haven't detected usage from your Optus supplied NBN ready modem, a reminder SMS is sent out 3-days after you were due to go active. I'd suggest speaking with the team on Facebook or Twitter. They'll go in and check if there's anything holding up the activation of your service. 

Meeka2019

A technician was booked for between 1pm and 5pm to install it. When I got home at 12, there was a card in the letterbox saying the NBN was ready to go. 

After moving it to a different phone point in the house (in my bedroom), it is now working.

Meeka2019

Internet not working again on any devices.

AlistarS

Oh, well that was an easy fix! Thanks for the update @Meeka2019.

If you have any other questions for us, please shout out Smiley Happy 

AlistarS

Ah, I was too quick off the mark.

I'd really suggest one of the teams I've mentioned above. They're in the best position to help you. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos