Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Powellies
New Contributor
New Contributor

New NBN and no phone / sporadic internet

Hi All,

After letters telling us we must switch ( from decent cable) to NBN we got this installed a fortnight ago. From then we've had no phoneline ( causing our elderly parents distress) and the internet drops out all the time & when on is significantly slower than our Optus cable. 

As I work from home this causes great stress, lost productivity & loss of income.

help!

Ive tried to speak with the call centre and after much conversation all that was offered was to reset the modem with a paper clip as they didn't see any faults and they would call back in a week. Also, no solution on the phone line apart from try another phone.

I'm really disappointed. Any advice? Optus are usually really good service over 10 years of being a customer...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steph_C
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: New NBN and no phone / sporadic internet

Really sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble with your service since it was installed - are you able to send through a PM with your account info, full name and DOB so we can take a closer look? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Weighty
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have also had NBN for two weeks.  Was super excited because internet has been so poor in this area.  I have a similar experience - random drop outs to the point where I am now back hooking all my device up to my Telstra iPhone as a hotspot.  Support for Optus has been as far away from customer friendly as you could possible make it.  I gave up on chat - but getting to a point where I can get some action is a maze.  However, the billing system is super efficient.  I hope Optus will be swift to cancel. My account when they ultimately fail to deliver a decent service.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Weighty - this shouldn't be the case at all, terribly sorry for the run around. 

Do you have any fault reference numbers we can look into?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Powellies
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is Thursday, and I replied to the moderator on Monday.

The call centre were due to call me back, and didn't.

Still no internet 95% of the time and no fetch TV...

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Powellies, I've just replied back to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Weighty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry I haven’t.  It is still very poor.  I try and watch TV through series that I have bought on iTunes and randomly the internet just disconnects.  I then have to go power cycle the router (I also disconnect the cabling for good measure) and all comes back.  Very frustrating and not the service I expect to be paying for.

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Weighty Totally understand why you'd be feeling this way 😞 We can definitely run a few tests on the service and check for any issues that could be to blame.

Please PM me with your username/account number so we can check it out. 

0 Kudos