Searching...

New Customer - Absolutely Frustrated with Optus - No internet for 1.5 months

ndhi

Hi Team - I joined Optus NBN on 22-Dec-2019. Since I have signed up, Optus has not been able to enable internet at my premises until now - every step of the way, your company has proved to be incompetent in assisting its customers

I have had 15+ conversations with Optus Support to resolve the matter however all Optus customer support is trying to do is running the same tests over and over again remotely and asking us to reset the modem - and there has been no internet connectivity. Everytime I connect to support I have to explain the entire situation over and over again

To make matters worse - Optus has started charging my account and I have received the first bill without even being able to use the service - absolutely frustrated at the level of incompetence shown in my case. Today is the second time a Technician was scheduled to come onsite (where I had to take a leave from work to stay home) and help us however no one showed up.

Why am I being charged for a service you guys have not even been able to connect - I have repeatedly asked your customer support to send a technician onsite to have a look 

I really hope folks on this forum read this experience - and they can think twice before signing up with Optus

Re: New Customer - Absolutely Frustrated with Optus - No internet for 1.5 months

Ray_YC

Very disappointing to hear about your experience so far.

With regards to being charged but not being able to use the service yet, the billing is automated but if that is the case that you haven't been able to use it, that should be straight forward to have the service charges credited back. Speak to live chat agent to arrange this.

It's not clear if you are waiting on an Optus tech or an NBN tech. The resources may be stretched (e.g. Townsville) but at the end of the day having to make contact 15 times is not acceptable. When you speak to live chat, you have the right to ask to speak to a manager and lodge a complaint.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: New Customer - Absolutely Frustrated with Optus - No internet for 1.5 months

ndhi

Thanks for your reply Ray

The NBN technician has visited onsite to install the NBN box and confirmed everything is working fine as far as NBN is concerned. When he tried to connect the modem to UNID1 port on NBN box - the internet light wont turn green (as a result no internet) - he suggested we reach out to Optus to have an Optus Technician come take a look and help resolve the issue. I did get in touch with support - two days later they sent another NBN technician who again checked the NBN box/line (adjusted signal) and said as far as NBN is concerned everything is fine and that I should request a Optus Technician to come take a look at why Modem Internet light would not turn green.

I jumped online again and asked for Optus Technician and got told the earliest they can come is 6-Feb (which was 15 days later) - I said fine I will wait for Optus Technician to come and take a look. 6-Feb came, I took day off work and no one showed up - no one informed me about cancellation. That evening I jumped on Optus Support chat again and checked why did no one show up - their response they cancelled the appointment in the morning

Everytime I jump online to chat with Optus Support they keep running the same diagnostics/line tests are green - but no one is coming onsite to check why the modem is not able to connect to the internet. We have reset the modem multiple times/restarted the modem waited 15mins and then restarted - each interaction with Optus Support has been running the same diagnostics over and over again with same result "The internet light on modem does not turn green"

I even logged into the modem (192.168.0.1) and the diagnostics tab inside shows everything as FAIL

I have not been informed at what Optus Backend support team have been doing - but everytime I keep getting a SMS saying the issue has been resolved - please reset the modem and try again. Everytime I do this and same result - no internet light on modem

This has been a completely infuriating how Optus is treating its customers. Regarding the bill - you are correct, they did add credit to the account since I am not getting the service.

The case manager assigned to this case has also not been helpful - since she calls me up, I tell her that it is not working, she goes and talks with backend team, they do changes and then I receive SMS "issue is resolved - please reset modem and try again" - I do that and again same result - cannot get the Modem Internet light turn green

I am not sure what is so hard for Optus to understand that we have followed all the steps which remote team has suggested and we need an Optus Technician (not a NBN Technician) to come onsite and take a look at why modem is failing to connect to the internet

ndhi

I can send you a private message around the case/order Id - in case you can follow up and help out with the matter

Looking at the case history - should give you an idea of the situation and the number of misses by Optus as far as onboarding new customers is concerned

Do let me me know?

Highlighted

Ray_YC

Hi there,

Thanks for the extra information. Please send me a PM also including your full name, service number and Date of Birth and I'll do my best to get an Optus Technician appointment arranged.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
27 Kudos
26 Kudos
23 Kudos
17 Kudos