Searching...

Re: New 50mb/s NBN - max attainable says 25. Wheres my speed boost?

Optuspredator

you are facing slow speeds on the internet then you should definitely try this. 

Follow the steps :

1) Open a browser page on your computer.

2) In the address bar type in 192.168.0.1

3) You will find a page which says Optus Wi-Fi  modem. On the left hand side choose Advanced Settings. 

4)You'll get a lot of options on the left you have to choose Wireless which is the 3rd option Under wireless you would get either wl0 & wl1 OR 

Basic

Security 

Mac-Filter 

Advanced .

You have to choose Advanced. 

5)On the main screen you would find Band, Channel, The channel would be set to Auto.

6) You have to change it to any number of your choice expect 1,6,11 Save and apply the settings. 

7) Run a speedtest you would surely get a improved result. 

8) If not call the Optus Technical Team for further problems.

Lakelands

Thank you.  I am testing the speed on a computer connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable..  I checked the speed through out day and night.  Max wasv17.5 mbps. Not much help from Optus though I contacted more than 4 tech people.  Not sure there is a capacity limit on the line. Thank you again.

Lakelands

Thank you.  I am testing the speed on a computer connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable..  I checked the speed through out day and night.  Max wasv17.5 mbps. Not much help from Optus though I contacted more than 4 tech people.  Not sure there is a capacity limit on the line. Thank you again.

Highlighted

Hannah-L

Hi @Lakelands, it sounds like the speed pack may not have taken effect yet. If you'd like to send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number we can take a look into it for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
28 Kudos
27 Kudos
26 Kudos
17 Kudos