Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kritho
New Contributor
New Contributor

Network setup assistance

Good Evening,

Need assistance in setting up my home network properly please.

I have a 5366LTE and Google nest wifi.  I would like the Google nest wifi to be the DHCP and Wifi.  I was thinking of disabling DHCP, NAT and wifi on the 5366LTE and plugging the Google Nest wifi to the 5366LTE WAN port.  Two questions:

1) Will this remove double natting?

2) WIll the 4G backup work?

Looking forward to your response.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Network setup assistance

So which device is connecting to the internet in that scenario?
What type of internet connection (FTTN/FTTP/FTTC etc.) do you have?
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @Kritho, thanks for reaching out. Were both the modems supplied by Optus? In order to access the network and double natting, the device do need to our connection?

Just so we can take a closer look into things and advise further, please send your service details over to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we will follow up with you.

In case you have not already done so, I would recommend having a look at our Modem Guides which will provide you with some more information on the device and its setting to help better navigate your way through. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Tuong_YC  Where did you get that there were two modems?

0 Kudos
Kritho
New Contributor
New Contributor

The 5366LTE is connecting to the internet.
I have FTTN internet connection
0 Kudos
Kritho
New Contributor
New Contributor

5366LTE from Optus and the Google Nest Wi-Fi from JB HiFi
0 Kudos
Kritho
New Contributor
New Contributor

5366LT was supplied by Optus. Google Nest Wi-Fi was purchased from JB HiFi
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your described setup will not work as the 5366's WAN port can not be used in that way.
You will have to connect the nest to the 5366's LAN port. In order for the nest to get internet access its WAN port will need an IP address and the simplest way to do that is to just leave DHCP on on the 5366. There should not by any IP conflict as the nest, as far as I am aware, does not use the 192.168.0.xxx range of the 5366.
Disabling NAT and wifi on the 5366 should be fine.
In this setup the 4G backup will work.