Searching...
Highlighted

NetGear Modem

LewisHamilton

Hello. 

I have just recently swapped from internode to optus for NBN. FTTB. I have a netgear d6200 wifi modem router that i want to use with optus but for some reason it will not pick up the internet connection. I had no trouble with internode. internode even talked me through configurating the modem. I have reset the modem to factory settings with no luck, i have been on the phone with optus technical support but no one seems to understand what im talking about and say they cant help me or they dont want to.I plugged in the sagemcom modem router and it works instanly. no setup required. i want to use the netgear modem a: because the wifi siganl is alot stonger than the sagemcom and b: it was expensive.  I even rang up netgear for help but they wanted me to pay 80 dollars for their help. Does anyone have any suggestions about how i can connect this netgear modem? Thanks

Re: NetGear Modem

jas328

Hi mate

I got connected to NBN last night. I am experiencing slow wifi with the standard Optus modem. I was looking into buying my own modem router also.

I reckon have a look on whirlpool, there are alot of issues with people trying to connect their own modems to the NBN. Seems like only some people have found help with their providers to connect their own modems.

LewisHamilton

The optus modem is terrible even using the 5ghz option. It keeps dropping in and out. I'm using the netgear with wifi as ive just connected the ethernet cable into the back of it. Alot stronger. Ive tried several whirlpool forums with no avail. Surely optus can tell you how to configure the modem to work on their network. Cheers

jas328

How is your connection at the moment? Is everything work well. I did read on a thread here,  someone had done something similar however their home phone was not able to make calls but recieve calls or vice versa.

Just check that your phone is still working, that is if you have a landline.

cheers

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
24 Kudos
22 Kudos