Searching...
Highlighted

Nbn upload speeds

raffersam

I got nbn connected yesterday on the 50Mbps top download speeds Hfc technology. Upload speeds are terrible between 0.2 and 1.5. Meant to be around 20. Download speed is ok at about 47.

What download speeds are others getting?

Re: Nbn upload speeds

petergdownload

Funnily enough all the Telcos have deliberately stopped advertising upload speeds. Everyone understands download speeds so they need to mention those specifically (and last year got a heavy wrap over the knuckles for not providing what they advertsed). However I don't think there's a place you can point to on the Optus (or most other Telco websites) that says upload is "meant to be 20Mbps"

That said, yes it should be 20Mbps and your readings indicate something is going wrong. Might be the modem or something downstream in the line or even Optus configuration. First thing to do is turn the small HFC box off then back on after a minute. If that fails then do a factory reset on the small HFC box (just hold the pin in untill all the lights flick off. Failing that have a check in the big modem settings to see what line speed it is reporting there (presume it also shows upload speeds). After that its onto livechat who can hopefully help or otherwise get NBNCo to investigate.

Peter Gillespie

raffersam

Thanks Peter. Resetting doesn't make any difference. If there is a cabling issue I would expect up and down speeds to be affected. It's weird 

petergdownload

So you've done the full pin in the hole reset?

It seems counter intuitive but up and down speeds can be seperately affected on HFC. Plenty of posts with the opposite problem you report (20Mbps upload but onlt 1-2 Mbps Download). Should be fairly straight forward to sort out.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos