Searching...
Highlighted

Nbn problems slow drop outs

Toprob85

So I've been having problems with the internet drop outs and lagging where I either need to turn the modem off and back on or switch to 4g on my phone and everything then works. Been talking to optus about it and apparently they done some line tests and things and have told me its normal to have dropouts once a week? Anyone else had any resolutions?

Re: Nbn problems slow drop outs

Jeneral__Pain

As you've failed to mention what kind of NBN Technology supplies your service and which router you are using, it's very difficult to provide more detailed information or testing.

Dropouts (where the line fully resyncs) is common as the device tries to cope with changing line conditions (FTTN, ADSL). For example, if its very wet, very hot, this causes the line conditions to change.

When you say "drop outs", can you access the routers information page?

Yes > Then this is your upstream connection to the internet failing.

No > Then this is your router/modem failing.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Jillyann

No NBN, nothing showing on Optus outages map but other businesses show widespread complaints that they have similar problems. So I'm not imagining this. We're in regional WA and have had no NBN for over three hours, plus it was dropping in and out yesterday. I've got 4G but nothing else. Our service is wireless via a transmitter and receiver on the roof. I am absolutely furious: how difficult is it to make the outages map current? Almost all of the so-called solutions on here don't actually listen to the customer: many just ridicule them and what they're trying to tell you. Really really poor, Optus.

Jeneral__Pain

I'm sorry @Jillyann but you need to remember that Optus cannot update their "outage map" if their respective providers do not provide any data. Sadly, when NBN are not very forthcoming with faults or their causes, Optus can't tell you what they don't know.

We're happy (the YC Supporters) to help you, but you really need to cooperate with us rather than accuse of "not listening" or being rude.

I'm assuming from your "No NBN" first words, that your service is currently not working? 

If so, can you inform us as to what NBN technology you are connected too?

Can you tell us which modem/router you are using?

Can you tell us if you've logged a fault with Optus on 131344 or via their chat service? (if yes, can you write down the ticket number you were given so I can ask one of the YC team to have a look at where it stands if they can).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Toprob85

ive got fttn and on my 3rd modem from optus, i have a sagemcom 3864v3 ac. most of the time the problem is our mobile phones and chromecast wifi says unstable and pages just hang loading and need to switch to 4g to load. other times ethernet on pc stops working for a few minutes. this happens daily. wifi signal is good have tried multiple channels. even happens with phone right next to modem. when this happens i have to turn modem off and on then it works again for a while. been ringing optus with these problems but they just say we will ring u back in 24 hours and then never hear anything, then we ring again and have to go through the whole story every time and do all the test with them over and over again with no result.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos