Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mufman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nbn outage in 2099

Haven’t had nbn since Thursday 25 feb 2021
Red blinking light on the nbn modem. Before anyone asks I have tried resetting the modem,checking the connections multiple times. The outage map says there is an issue and it’s under investigation. It’s been under investigation since Thursday. Customer care isn’t any help same reply it’s under investigation. Any one else in the same boat?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
z_hook

Re: Nbn outage in 2099

Hi @Mufman,

Sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your internet service.

So we can check for any updates, could you please confirm the suburb/postcode? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Mufman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi z_hook
Narraweena 2099 NSW
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Thanks for providing that, @Mufman

I've checked the area through our Network Status Page and I'm unable to identify any faults associated with our network.

There’s a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with internet faults while some network optimisation may improve your WiFi connectivity around the home.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Mufman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi
I have just checked the net work status for 2099 narraweena and it says reduced service for Nbn phone and internet

Status under investigation
Please can someone give me a straight answer

0 Kudos
Mufman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Should also add the nbn modem is making a clicking noise and the connection light is flashing red. I have turned it off several times and checked connections. There are no other connections in the house. I have done all the checks listed in the manual and on the web site
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

My apologies @Mufman

We’ve received notification from NBN techs that there's a fault with the local network and have been provided with a ticket reference number PR 23548702

If you'd like further updates, please lodge a fault via our website here → https://offer.optus.com.au/fault-logging.

Once again, I do apologise for the disruption. NBN techs are currently working on resolving this issue with the highest regard and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Mufman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So it’s been 6 days now and still no resolution. I have had no contact from anyone at Optus so I had a to contact them myself. I was told a NBN technician would be out between 8-12 today to fix the issue. Come 12pm no tech. Contacted Optus again and was told the technician was reserved not booked. How angry do you think I am right now ? So they have assured me the technician will be there tomorrow. Now. What is the point in having these so called moderators when your issues and complaints fall through the gaps. I’m not at all happy with how this has been dealt with
0 Kudos
z_hook

We do apologise for the ongoing issues you've faced with this, @Mufman.

Could you please private message Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter? Our Social Media team will be able to further assist and follow up. 

0 Kudos
Joeblogs
Contributor
Contributor

How do you know there is going to be an outage in '' 2099''
0 Kudos