Searching...

Nbn fttc to premises with no working copper phone line and long run from street

rd66

We are in a property with faulty original copper phone lines . We are on a battleaxe type property where we are around 60m from the street  so have recently run new underground coax cable which goes from house to private pole and connects to overhead optus hfc network for internet.

I am aware this will be switched off soon, but some technical advice.

Can this coax cable be removed from pole and continued underground to a large pit (conveniently located exactly out the front) and used to to link fibre cable to house. 

The option to use old copper phone lines is not viable

Re: Nbn fttc to premises with no working copper phone line and long run from street

Jeneral__Pain

If you are getting FTTC, then coax/fibre cable WILL NOT be used at all. They will run a copper line from the outside of your home to the pit. You could get a private tech in to haul this cable and have the socket placed where you want it placed (ie: if you have an Office, or you have a hub of equipment under the stairs kind of thing).

You can wait for NBN to come around and arrange this, but your install is a bit "non-standard" because its battle axe.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted

Re: Nbn fttc to premises with no working copper phone line and long run from street

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

What technology does the NBN say is coming to your house? And what month? Has the NBN gone live in your area?

NBN Address Check

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos