cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Nbn dropout -Stafford Brisbane

Hi, I live in Stafford Brisbane, over the last couple of days we have noticed our nbn hfc service dropping out a few times a day. My neighbours who our also with Optus have seen the same thing. Nothing is listed on your planned outages page.
Is anyone else having a problem with the network?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Nbn dropout -Stafford Brisbane

Hey Ross61

I'd recommend running though our internet troubleshooting guide to see if you can find a solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ross61,

I don't think it is isolated to just Stafford if honest. We live in Norman Park and the Optus NBN has been terrible all week. Up and down. It has cost me significant time in lost work *(forced to work from home due time zone). 

I'm astounded that at this time of increased government quarantine the infrastructure isn't able to cope and the telcos aren't able to answer basic questions. 

Moderators suggesting frankly insulting suggestions like 'reboot' your equipment or check the circular 'trouble shooting guides' are adding little value and probably contributing to peoples frustrations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

After slowing taking everything off the network and rebuilding when it was stable it Looks like a dodgy Netgear switch behind the tv was causing IP issues or conflicts. Anyway had nothing better to do on a Covid Easter.
0 Kudos