cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor RegdeRuiter
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nbn constantly dropping out

My NBN was reconnected the following morning, but still has issues. My neighbor, also with Optus NBN, also has issues. The tech person still has not arrived, it is 4:45pm. Think it has been called off after a call from Optus case manager on Sunday morning asking if my NBN was working at the time. Which at that time it was. Am still waiting for the internet assistance kit also. Not sure how that is going to help long term without extra costs to my already $90 plan.....

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did they end up turning up?

If there is still a bit of a run around, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and they should be able to reach out to the case manager to find out what's happening.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Bobce
New Contributor

I connected to the NBN as soon as it was available. It  hummed along nicely till recently. I am only getting half the speed I pay for It has been constantly dropping out since August this year and despite moaning and groaning to the support people little has changed.

A Royal Commission into the NBN and the service providers I say!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You should be getting a refund each month in that case. Obviously something has changed and should be fixable. Some RSPs are better than others at dealing with the NBN and getting issues resolved. If Optus hasn't resolved anything in over 4 months I'd suggest you leave and try another RSP (there's no penalty if the service being provided is that much slower than what is being paid for)

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RegdeRuiter
Occasional Contributor

I have still got issues with the NBN dropping out, and still no technician to the premises has been deemed necessary. Twice they were arranged, twice I waited around a whole day, twice a no show, but an sms saying the service was now ok and to use as normal. I recorded a UK soccer match on Optus sports overnight Friday night, it was incomplete, obviously due to another dropout. So the last half hour of the match was missing. Deleted the recording in disgust. No point in recording anything. No point in calling Optus either, it is working at the moment.unhappy customer!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Very disappointing to hear that. From here I can only really confirm my previous response to reach out to the team to be put in touch with your case manager to advise you're not satisfied with the situation. If Social Media isn't an option, please Message Us here.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos